AncestorSync

Started by Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns on Monday, June 6, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
6/6/2011 at 4:14 PM

Judi -

There is a project for AncestorSync: http://www.geni.com/projects/AncestorSync-for-Geni

Also, there was a webinar on the topic. You might be able to find an archived link on the Geni blog.

Private User
6/16/2011 at 12:58 PM

Judi / Judith: I apologize for the delay. I will answer all of your questions in turn.

AncestorSync is indeed a yearly subscription, but we hope you find the nominal subscription to be fair. We are a separate company than Geni.

1 - Can this be used with a non GENI PRO account to Sync info between PAF files and GENI - or do you also have to be a GENI PRO
-- We have a freemium model. You will be able to sync your first 5 generations for free without a Geni Pro or AncestorSync subscription. To go beyond that you will need a subscription.

2 - will this Sync information between different PAF files that one maintains on their own computers ie; i have going for my lines
--Yes, it will be an application that resides on your desktop to sync with your preferred desktop utility.

4 - what is the full cost of subscriptions per year -
-- 15/year or free for your first year if you subscribe for Geni Pro because of AncestorSync.

5 - is the offer of the $10 for the first year still exist
Yes, it is still up and will remain until the beta is finished.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Private User
6/17/2011 at 2:07 PM

Judi:
It will work past 5 generations provided you have a subscription and a Geni Pro account.

Our support personal did not mean to mislead you. It wasn't until the day of the first Geni Webinar that the decision had been made to give away the first 5 generations for everyone. To mislead you was not our intent.

Have a great day.

Private User
6/17/2011 at 4:28 PM

Judi:
I understand your position completely. We're doing our best to keep our pricing quite reasonable. We'll see how things progress. Thank you for your input.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion