Marriages

Начала Private User Пятница, 10 Июня 2011

Участники:

Показаны все 7 сообщений
Private User
10/6/2011 в 11:08 до полудня

It occurred to me the other day that in our Dadana family, we have a lot of inter-racial marriages and ethnic group marriages.Among those that have married outside the Indian community, names of Indu, Suren, Aneesh, and others come to mind. We have several who have married outside the Sindhi community, including myself..
My question to all of you is whether you see this as positive or negative and what have we learned from these unions. Has this affected the children and if so how? What benefits have we reaped ? Is there a downside to this and if so what are they?
I project as our ancestral families continue that something may be lost in the process. Can you identify what these might me and how we can work towards encouraging some key values to remain intact? And if not, why not?

Private User
10/6/2011 в 4:46 после полудня

I love that you are asking these questions.

I'm an adoptive mother. While our adoptions aren't inter-racial, they were local and sadly we live in a rather homogeneous area, I've pondered on similar things as even individual families have their own cultures.

For that matter, what are our children losing due to the simple nature of dispersed extended family units? We long longer benefit from the geographically close, multi-generational family with aunts, uncles, and cousins in abundance.

I do know that my cousin, a Filipino-American, has experienced struggles with ethnic identity. Exactly what, and how, it has affected him I can't say, as I'm not him!

I'm certain that your children have been positively affected simply because you are interested in them!

Private User
11/6/2011 в 8:43 до полудня

Thank you Jenna XI although I am not sure how you got into the discussion. Perhaps it was seen as a public discussion. Regardless, a different viewpoint benefits us all, so I thank you. This thinking started with my writing my memoirs and many questions float through one's mind. Who are you? Are we in some way connected?Perhaps this is the master design of the Creator. Now that we have access to different cultures and subcultures within the family, can we use this information in some practical and positive way?You can learn from your cousin by simply dialoguing with him. As we journey through life we all have had some identity issues and that is not a bad thing...it just pushes us to question further to ultimately get the insight.. Thank you for participating in the discussion.

11/6/2011 в 1:45 после полудня

Sileen, you did indeed post this as a public discussion on the main public message board. Did you mean to post it only to your Family Group?

Private User
12/6/2011 в 1:47 после полудня

It was meant for my family group but what the heck! I think you are part of the larger family in the Universe, so your thoughts are as important. Not to worry. Continue sharing your thoughts. Thank you

12/6/2011 в 3:30 после полудня

Private User,
just for the record, your actual family is LESS likely to see a PUBLIC discussion. So you might want to start another one for them.

Private User
12/6/2011 в 5:20 после полудня

Thanks for your feedback. I shall do so.

Показаны все 7 сообщений

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении