Help :(

Started by Cynthia Braxton on Friday, June 10, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
6/10/2011 at 4:00 PM

Hello Cynthia Braxton. I recognized your all cap GUSSA. (I was a music major in school so your guitar caught my eye, too! Check out Google's Doodle for today honoring the birthday of Les Paul!)

I was actually working with some of your profiles in a different line. You had a previous account and I have management of some of those profiles. I've been merging some of those old profiles with your newly created equivalents.

If you care to send me some links to the area you mention above, I'll see what, if anything, I can do to help out.

(You may want to delete your message above. It could be reported for language.)

Private User
6/10/2011 at 5:47 PM

Go to one of the related profiles. Copy the URL address, then past it here or in a direct message to me with information or directions about what actions need to be taken.

6/11/2011 at 7:10 AM

I made an attempt to sort this out, but frankly, it's a mess. There are a number of Elizabeth (Doniphan) Shipps born at different times. There are also a number of Thomas Shipps. It would have been helpful, Cynthia, if you had provided some specific profiles. Further, there appears to be no documentation for any of the various Elizabeth (Doniphan) Shipp and Thomas Shipp profiles, even though some are labeled as Master Profiles.

Cynthia, you had a professional genealogist do research for you. Presumably, s/he provided you with documentation to support her/his research and conclusions. How about adding that documentation to Geni via its source feature so that we all can view it and evaluate it?

Additionally, Joyce (aka the "bitch"), since you have chosen to override Cynthia's information, it would be helpful if you could document your assertions and explain your conclusions. Using the same Geni feature that I suggested for Cynthia, you could share your documentation with the rest of the Geni community.

There will always be legitimate disagreements among genealogists. That is why it is important to document our work.

Private User
6/11/2011 at 9:01 AM

Well said Joe.

Document, document, document!

6/11/2011 at 3:40 PM

Folks, please keep the language civil.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion