William Henry Burke

Started by Daphne Cull on Friday, June 10, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 11 posts
6/10/2011 at 5:04 PM

Looking to chat with Barbra Sheppard. I belive I am one of your "cousins". Your grandmother and my grandfather were brother and sister.

Private User
6/10/2011 at 5:48 PM

Barbara Jean Shepard FYI - Possible family!

6/13/2011 at 2:10 PM

Daphne is my second cousin! This site is amazing!

6/13/2011 at 2:37 PM

Hey Cous: How's things? Still amazing that you found us. Where do you live? How are you related to us? Was Edith your Mother or Father's mother? Edith obviously stayed in the states while my grandfather moved back to Canada.
Just so that you know, William had twelve children so you have roughly 50-60 cousins. How many are on your side of the family?

6/14/2011 at 5:39 AM

Hi Daphne, My mum has Alzheimer's and I was cleaning out her house in 2006. I found a few letters from Kay and a picture. Well, I wrote to the return address, and I heard from Earlene. Susan Hill got me in touch with her, because she doesn't have a computer. Anyway, I came up in the summer of 2006, and we had the little reunion. I also wrote letters to some of your great aunts, Barbara Bowman, & Marie Gromadzki & Mary Ross, so they gave me some information. If you look at my tree, I think you can see some of the family. I'm not sure if I put on many of my father's living relatives. They just aren't interested. Anyway I will send you the pictures that I have. And then we have to combine our trees, and you can add pictures.

I live in Norton, Massachusetts. I have pictures of William's grave out in Ontario. Another person I am on a list with, went there and took pictures for me. People interested in genealogy are so awesome! They help complete strangers! xoxo Barbara

6/17/2011 at 3:37 PM

How do I see your tree?

6/17/2011 at 3:39 PM

Those great aunts you spoke of are really all my aunts. They are my Fathers sisters including Kay. Did you ever find out anything about Williams other sister? I can remember my Dad getting phone calls from an Aunt in Toronto. Marie, Mary or Mickey (Mildred) should know something about them. Especially Mary. Have you asked them?

6/18/2011 at 6:33 AM

I will invite you to my family group, and then you will be able to see everything, I think.

6/19/2011 at 4:29 PM

Barbara Jean Shepard and Daphne Cull,
the "proper" thing to do, is once you have joined the Family-Group, to merge your two trees. No point in having two of each, when you can combine them, and work together.

6/20/2011 at 6:14 PM

@Shmuel-Aharon I have invited Daphne. Am waiting on her reply.

6/21/2011 at 7:42 AM

Barbara and Daphne - I have put up projects for a couple of my 9th great grandfathers and their descendants and on Geni itself have found and added as collaborators a number of distant cousins, who were thrilled to join.

Projects make sense if you want a place to add the profiles so that people can find them easily in one place. Projects give the collaborators, although not the followers, broader edit rights. And, most importantly, projects give you a place to write a narrative about the history and origins of your ancestors and provide links to other sites and books and articles about your ancestors.

I use family projects sparingly because it takes work, but in a couple of instances (Captain John John of Roxbury and Richard William Family), projects were a great asset to the family. I plan to create a bilingual one for my Argentine - Israeli family eventually. There are 60 of us on Geni at least.

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion