All cousins unite

Started by Andre van Amstel, Dr. on Saturday, June 11, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
6/11/2011 at 2:26 AM

I started a project to find and collect the immigrants in my lineage. Please give advice on how to invite the managers to add these profiles.

6/11/2011 at 3:01 AM

Hey Andre. And, yes, even this morning I came across a few van Amstels in New York. Have you been able to connect your tree to the emigrant van Amstels? If so, I think the best thing for the moment is to search for the American van Amstels, find the living descendants, and then add them to your family tree'. They will get instant notification.
On the other hand, what's the name of your project? When I see an American van Amstel, I could add them to your project.
We are with a few people right now who are matching and merging TONS of duplicate descendants from New Amsterdam - so I'm coming across familiar names all the time now :-)

6/11/2011 at 3:21 AM

The project is Immigrants within the Van Amstel lineage.
I was thinking even broader. For example George Washington is 1st president of USA. Immigrant is from Norfolk. I just added his profile. This immigrant is a cousin of mine.

6/11/2011 at 3:10 PM

Hey George,
Which Amstels did you find this morning? I would be happy to help you making profiles. Documents available? Regards

6/12/2011 at 12:46 AM

Not sure, André. A saw it, but I'm crunching hundreds of profiles on Geni right now, all related to New Amsterdam - so I'm certain I'll see it again :-)

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion