My Grandfather

Started by marc tarica on Monday, June 13, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Harry
    Geni member
Showing all 2 posts
6/13/2011 at 3:35 AM

HARRY POLICAR, MY GRANDFATHER, CAME FROM THE ISLAND OF MAMARAH IN THYE EARLY 1900'S. cAME BY SHIP ACCORDING TO HIM. HE LANDED I BELIEVE TO BE ELLIS ISLAND. AT THAT PARTICULAR TIMESTAMP, EVERY FORIEGNER FROM OTHER COUNTRIES HAD TO CHECK IN THROUGH ELLIS ISLAND. sEVERAL YEARS LATER HE MET HIS WIFE TO BE VICTORIA MUTAL. HE WORKED FOR YEARS AT A BAKERY NAMED MANNINGS BAKERY. I REMEMBER GOING THERE WITH MY BROTHER AND SISTER AND EATING SUGAR ORDAMENTS OFF WAX PAPER. MY GRANDFATHER LIVED TO BE 93 YEARS OLD. GOD REST HIS SOUL.

6/13/2011 at 6:15 AM

Marc, how wonderful that you are able to remember your grandfather so vividly -- he sounds like someone who lived a remarkable life!

What you may want to do is contact the manager of that profile directly to share your information so that it can be added to the "About Me" section of the profile. You can do this by going back to Harry's profile and clicking on "Contact Profile Manager" at the upper-right-hand corner. You can also request permission to edit your grandfather's profile by clicking on the "Request to Edit Profile" link two lines below that.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion