The profile you requested has been merged into this profile.

I don't know who this person is and

Started by Judy Baumgarten (Kornfeld) on Sunday, June 19, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 11 posts
6/19/2011 at 7:35 AM

where "he" fits into the tree. Anna (Halek) (Kornfeld) Beran and Samuel Beran had 7 children: Theresa, Louise, Jeremias, Henrietta, Alexander, Rosa and Leopold. This profile and the others that follow as children of Anna and Samuel don't seem to belong, at least not according to my handwritten tree. Peter, could you look at this and try to figure out what happened? I think these "extra children" may have popped up in error when someone was trying to complete a merge and it is very confusing with all of the Annas.

Judy

6/19/2011 at 7:36 AM

Same problem with ? Bondi (Beran)

Private User
6/20/2011 at 2:24 AM

I think your tree only has children of Samuel & Anna. I now think Samuel had another wife, as he had other children, e.g Anna BERAN who married Jacob LENGSFELD.

I did try and clear up some duplication yesterday, but may not have finished. I merged two Geni trees , based on the new information.

However, some people are likely still duplicated, but we cannot yet tell which. For instance the son who was married to Anna BONDI , could be identical with Alexander BERAN. Your tree does not give his wife. So until we are sure who is who it is better not to guess.

When I have a chance, I'll look again to check for errors, and duplication, and to ensure that all sources are present.

Please could you check that the image of your tree is already "linked" to the 7 children of Samuel.

6/20/2011 at 5:41 AM

What do you mean by "linked"? Also, if u think there is another wife, maybe we should create a profile for unknown 2nd wife, to help clean it up, unless you think that would further confuse things. Also, it is possible that some of the "unknown" sibs are actually sibs that we know of. For some reason, although I was sure I had entered all the sibs, I had to reenter Leopold yesterday, so I wonder if he might actually be one of the ? Sibs.

6/20/2011 at 5:42 AM

And I reread your comment and I see you were making a similar point about Alexander ...

Private User
6/21/2011 at 12:51 AM

Leopold was indeed one of the ? Sibs that I sorted out and merged. I have a feeling we were looking at the tree at the same time, and merges sometimes don''t show up straight away.
I think it is easiest not to merge anyone based on a guess.
Similarly for the second wife, I would not add her in, as I could not be sure which children would belong to her.
However, we should add on the "About the person" what we know for certain. E.g to add there the source of the mother for the 7 children of Samuel & Anna (Chalek?) shown on your tree.
"linked: I meant add all the profile names to the list of names associated with the image (e.g your family tree).

Still a bit rushed, so hope my answer clarifies rather than confuses.

Peter

6/21/2011 at 7:44 AM

So then Leopold should be one of the "?", I think ...

Private User
6/22/2011 at 3:21 PM

As far as I can see, there is only one "? Beran" left, and that person is not Leopold. Leopold is correctly married to Henriette Bondi. Previously Henrette was married to "? Beran", but I merged him with Leopold when I found the evidence that they were identical.

6/22/2011 at 4:44 PM

Peter,

You mean leopold beran is married to Henrietta (lowi) beran, not Henrietta bondi, right?

Private User
6/23/2011 at 2:36 AM

Yes. Silly error. Excuse senility.
I partly blame Geni, as in some views one only sees the persons married name, whilst in other views one sees married name with maiden name in brackets. I find that very confusing.
I must be more careful!!

6/23/2011 at 5:34 AM

It also would have been nice if our relatives didn't intermarry so often and would have chosen original names. (:

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion