to add some information

Started by Private User on Monday, June 20, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts
Private User
6/20/2011 at 1:03 PM

Hello you all, I think it's very nice when someone ads a name at the list there is some short information about this person. If possible the profile, but when there is no profile some information. Than we know more about the person and it gives us a broader picture (don't know if this is correct English :-)) I just mean to say: it's interesting to know some about the women who belongs to the women who changed te world,
It sure inspires me.....

6/20/2011 at 1:11 PM

Jennie, What a fabulous and interesting project. You are absolutely right, it is amazing really as women only recently gained many freedoms, yet all through the ages they still managed to turn the wheels of history behind the scenes.

I will try to add some profile links to the list you have as they usually contain bio information. eg. http://www.geni.com/projects/Legendary-Heroines

Private User
6/20/2011 at 1:32 PM

Hey thanks Malka, it's makes me happy to know more about the women. Especially the ones who are for me not as known. You find that each part of the world with its own history have of course their own women who stood up or were as you called it behind te scenes very special and made a change. And I sure want to get to know them. So we know each other heroes (female dont know the word..).

Private User
6/20/2011 at 1:36 PM

I sure would encourage women of all the parts of the world to add their female heroes. Also them who are not famaliar with the English language. Dont' know how to manage that , only know that I want to give everybody all over the world the change to add their heroes (and of course add some information). So we meet each other heroes...

6/20/2011 at 2:11 PM

Female heroes, are "Heroines" as in the above project, "Legendary Heroines".

Ofcourse the greatest heroines of all don't even make it into the history books, and that is "mothers", especially considering that dying in childbirth was a very real possibility till recently.

Later, I will add some links to the fantastic profiles in your project.

6/20/2011 at 4:35 PM

Jennie - the profiles can be written in the language that makes sense. We can find a way to get a summary or make it bilingual with English. I am doing that for my Argentine projects.

Private User
6/20/2011 at 4:44 PM

Hey Hatte I ment not just in what language the profiles could be written but I wondered how to reach women and men from other parts of the world to join in with the project. And from other European counties like France, Italy and so on. That said, I think I'm the only ducth woman who has added.... but not sure about that... :-).
It's nice to reach out to as many as people (nations) as possible,

6/20/2011 at 4:55 PM

Jennie - that's a good suggestion. I just want to make sure that they know that they can write the "About Me" in the appropriate language, if English is an obstacle. I agree. We should have profiles of women from all over the world. Actually I was going to add Golda Meir from Israel and the current head of Argentina. And maybe a famous Jewish Berber warrior of the 6th century, whose name was Kahina, because that's a rare combination to be a female military leader and a Jewish and a Berber!

6/20/2011 at 7:27 PM

Hi Jane, what u say will eventually happen, but it does takes time. If the C. have info on any of the profiles allready listed please feel free to add the links thx.

Private User
6/21/2011 at 12:34 PM

Well, I allready saw some ..... (how do I call it...) toevoegingen uhhhhh anyway, don't know the word for it but I was happy to see what you all already have done....
Get the message? :-)

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion