"Research and write up a summary of your ancestors for the project narrative - e.g., Ruggles family, Deane family, Williams family, Wilbore (Wilbur) family. I envision these being between 1 to 4 paragraphs long. I'll start a separate discussion for this topic with an example."
The sources I use are
1. Google Books - the ones that are before 1920 or so are free to view online.
3. other books
4. family records
5. About Me from the earliest ancestors
6. Subscription sites like New England Genealogical and Historical Society (NEGHS) - which I subscribe to
7. Google Search for material about the family online
Here are the elements I would want to see myself. I start with a sentence or two about the earliest ancestors.
* Names of the first immigrants - head of household, spouse, children
* Where they came from, if known. Discussion of speculation about their origins.
* What ship(s) did they arrive on, if known, What date did they arrive?
* What role did they play in the early history of Taunton? Civic positions, professional position (e.g., town doctor, etc.), religious positions, land owned, military positions and notable military service, accomplishments, streets/buildings/towns named after them
* What other Taunton families did they intermarry with?
* Did they come in a group, following a particular minister or belonging to a particular separatist belief set? Did they come from the same region as others who settled Taunton?
* Who are some famous descendants of this family?
* Anything else fun, interesting, or informative that you would like to include