• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
6/21/2011 at 5:36 PM

I ran into a ref for Cora Parks in the Profile of

Joseph Noil, Seaman

I could not find info on her Cora and so I left the line dangling under Joseph.

For someone who knows more of artists;

"Cora Parks, she was an actress, dancer and vaudeville artist who appeared in a number of Broadway shows; as a member of the group The Rhythmettes , she sang "Optimistic Voices" in the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz, and on Broadway in 1939, again with the Rhythmettes, with Louis Armstrong, Moms Mabley, Oscar Polk and others, she sang and danced in the show Swingin' the Dream"

You would think I could find her!

Private User
6/21/2011 at 6:34 PM

I found her professional credits anyway

http://www.ibdb.com/person.php?id=55579

Are you making a profile for her?

Marv, by the way -- what beautiful work you're doing here. It is such a labor of love, to honor these not overly celebrated heros.

Thank you.

Private User
6/21/2011 at 6:35 PM

n.b. maybe we should let the Veteran's Administration know about this project. I think they would be tickled and want to share it with the vets they serve. What do you think?

Private User
6/21/2011 at 7:05 PM

1. I was hoping someone who knew more about her would make a profile (or a least someone who hnows of her work) Without more facts on her, It wouldn't be much of a profile.

2. I'm not sure who in VA to contact on that, I normally deal with DOD. I'm going to look into it tho. I may be able to bring something up on AKO and DKO (Army/Defense Knowlegge on line http://ako.ahp.us.army.mil/ )
I assume I'm the only Curator (or at least one of few) that has a AKO/DKO password. This gives me access thru the military chain of command.

Thanks for the Idea

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion