Formatting & Sourcing of Profiles

Started by Ashley Odell on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
6/28/2011 at 12:30 PM

I saw that this project was started and felt it was a great idea, so I've gone around and added almost 30 profiles to get it off the ground.

Most of the profiles already had the display name format of "FirstName LastName, Lord Mayor of London," but for those that didn't, I made the necessary edits. I would suggest using that as the preferred display name to mark all of the profiles.

I did notice that many of the profiles did not having sourcing for the claim of mayorship. I think that should be the next step after gathering profiles marked as Lord Mayors of London -- we'll need to prove that they are indeed Lord Mayors! :)

Again, great idea, and I look forward to seeing how this grows. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Private User
6/28/2011 at 1:39 PM

I have to say you surprised me! Before I could even finish the project overview there were all these profiles - thanks! Feel free to contribute to the project page, cause I am still figuring out what to say! ;-)

I have been thinking about adding this project for a while now. I agree with the suggested display name. And yes, we will need to make sure they are well sourced.

Thanks for climbing aboard!

6/28/2011 at 1:54 PM

Didn't mean to catch you off-guard. :)

I just uploaded the official listing of Lord Mayors to the project, and I also made this image, which we can use on profiles where we don't have an actual likeness of the person: http://www.geni.com/photo/view/6000000006444758671?album_type=photo...

You can tag any image-less Lord Mayor in that photo.

Private User
6/28/2011 at 2:02 PM

Cool beans! Thanks!

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion