Standaert family from Leiden+ de Neef family!

Started by Steve Palmqvist on Friday, July 22, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
7/22/2011 at 3:05 AM

Hi:

I have search for a long time after ancestors to Nicolaas Standaert and his wife Ursula de Neef. Nicolaas came to Stockholm in Sweden as a wine merchant 1631 and it said he came from Leiden (sometimes spelled Leyden) in Zuid Hollan, Nederland he died 1654 in Stockholm. he was married to Ursula de Neef daughter of a Mathias de Neef, probably also from Leiden. Ursula died 1675 in Stockholm aswell. Their children and descendents became importan in both the wine and food establisments in Stockholm and some were raised in to nobility under the name of Standaerthielm by the king by participating in the constant wars sweden were involved in at the time.
Johan Standaert and his son Casten became their eras best known "restaurant" owners. I am very interested to try to find after years of search with dutch and belgique collaborators where these ancestors of mine lived and how long back one can trace them. Maybe it is not possible but at least the must be mentioned somewhere in their own generation I am Nicolaas standaert and his wife ursula de neef and her father Mathias de Neef! sincerely Steve

7/22/2011 at 3:54 AM

Hey Steve. There was a Mathijs Neef in Leiden, married to Ymmetgen Ellerts. Does this latter name ring a bell? Otherwise, there is also a Mathys de Neeff in 1621.
In these databases, it's useful to try different potential spellings of a name. The fact is, there are a lot of de Neef and de Neeff and Neef in Leiden in your timeframe. Standaert looks more challenging. It might indeed be that he came from somewhere else, possibly Flanders.
If you could confirm the name Ymmetgen Ellerts, that would help.

7/22/2011 at 3:58 AM

Forgot to add, Neef and Ellerts are recorded as married in 1601. This is just a notary act, and may not be their marriage. It would take a bit of time to unravel what's written there (but no use if Ellerts is not known to you). Here's the link to the scan: http://www.leidenarchief.nl/home/collecties/archieven/archievenover...

7/25/2011 at 12:44 AM

Hello George:
I do not know more than these nave above. This Mathias de Neef (or it maybe as you said spelled Mathijs or Mathys), must have lived and worked during this time 1620´s. I have found the only information about him and Nicolaas (Nicholas, Niklas) Standaert (the wine merchant) in the "Elgenstierna ättartavlor" which is an encyclopedia of the swedish noble families edited by Gustaf Elgenstierna in 1870´s or so. I think the "Mathias" de Neef was handling spices, buying and selling oriental spices. I have to look it up again at a library. It is very difficult for me to read these bookpages you sent me but I will try to! Thanks hope I can return to you for further questions later?!

Private User
12/15/2011 at 1:52 AM

Email this woman, she made a book about the name de Neef:

Annemarth Sterringa <annemarthsterringa@gmail.com>

ans meijlink

12/18/2011 at 5:33 AM

Thanks alot Ann for your help! i will write to her! sincerely steve

12/18/2011 at 5:33 AM

Sorry Ans!

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion