More information on last weekend's outage

Started by George Gearhart on Monday, August 1, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 23 posts
8/1/2011 at 4:43 PM

Hi everyone,

In the wake of the outage, we put together this blog post to explain everything that is going on: http://www.geni.com/blog/last-weekends-outage-368211.html

Sorry again about the service interruption. Please feel free to contact us at http://help.geni.com or in the blog comments if you feel that you are still affected in any way.

-George

8/1/2011 at 5:05 PM

Thanks George.

Private User
8/2/2011 at 8:02 AM

Bumping to the top of discussions ...

Private User
8/3/2011 at 1:39 AM

BUMP!

8/3/2011 at 6:22 PM

Where shouldnwe report issues not addressed in the "outtage blog post"? I can't seem to activate the filter on my home page to filter the updates/discussions.

8/3/2011 at 6:27 PM

I will tag [[54] to see what he suggests..

Private User
8/3/2011 at 9:48 PM

Angus Wood-Salomon

Per George above and the message on the home page, report new issues to http://help.geni.com/

8/3/2011 at 10:16 PM

I will retype this for the 3rd time... George wasn't clear enough in his instructions. I suppose he meant 'submit a ticket'

Private User
8/3/2011 at 10:43 PM

Unless it is already reported in help or on the blog, yes, submit a ticket. I would have told you if it was an issue known to me (I haven't tested but I don't use the filter much anyway).

Private User
8/4/2011 at 9:07 AM

I included it in my "Comment" under "We'll be Right Back" on Help Page back on Aug. 1.

8/4/2011 at 11:42 AM

Beth Beeman We are aware of the filter issue and will be fixing it very soon. Thanks for reporting it.

8/4/2011 at 4:42 PM

Thanks Erica and Michelle. Much appreciated your help and response! As an aside.....what's with all the noms de plume these days?

8/5/2011 at 7:39 AM

All messages (Inbox / Sent / Saved) should now be fully restored. We're still working on the profile details (including About Me) as well as the "tags" that associate profiles with photos, projects, etc.

8/7/2011 at 7:50 AM

The profile details (including About Me) have been restored, with one exception: some profiles that have been edited since the restore began wrote a new details record that prevented the old data from being restored on that profile. I'll be running a script to combine the old and new data, starting tomorrow. I expect it will take several days to complete.

8/7/2011 at 9:17 AM

Thanks Mike

Private User
8/8/2011 at 9:14 AM

Michael Stangel - "Nicknames" which are now on Basics page as "Also Known As" are still missing. In my case, these are all ones added before the revision, and I believe those Profiles had not been updated between then and the outage, in case that matters. They had not been updated between outage and your comment above, either.

Are others seeing ths as well? I am not a Pro, so my Ticket will carry less weight - alread mentioned it on Help Page under main entry about the outage. It is still true. (Have checked a few and seen they do show in "Revisions", so data should still be there.) Should I just submit private Help request or ??

8/8/2011 at 1:55 PM

Thanks Lois I believe I can fix this today. I'll report back soon.

Private User
8/8/2011 at 3:06 PM

A minor point also Mike is that on edit basics they are now "Also known as", but where they do appear on profile pages they are still called "Nicknames"

8/8/2011 at 6:30 PM

Mike, certainly not an issue at all, but wanted to report it. Not sure if it is tied to the About Me revisions issue or not.

I just checked the Revisions tab on my home page...it said it was showing 20 items per page, but I could only see a few. I looked at four pages, zero lines on one page, max of 4 on another.

8/8/2011 at 6:40 PM

Lois the nicknames / AKA should be back.

Anita we're working on a much better solution to that Revisions tab on the home page. The current mechanism is difficult to scale once the number of objects you follow gets into the tens of thousands...

8/8/2011 at 9:31 PM

Great... glad to hear this Mike. It always takes way too long to load.

Private User
8/8/2011 at 10:10 PM

Beth - Filter not working on news feed is a known issue at http://help.geni.com/entries/20338126-filter-not-working-on-news-feed
(dated 3 Aug)

8/9/2011 at 6:28 AM

David. I knew that..... lol..... you gotta catch up ;)

Showing all 23 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion