Research help/advice

Started by Michelle Elyse Springer on Sunday, August 7, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Luba Perl "Lena"
    Geni member
Showing all 1 post
8/7/2011 at 9:58 PM

I've hit a dead end in my research going back on my family tree, and am looking for some research advice. I've found some information on my great-great grandmother, Luba Perl "Lena" (a copy of her birth certificate was obtained somehow, and a family member sent me the information from it), but no one seems to know the name of her husband or her mother, and absolutely no information about her husband or his family are known.

A few of the problems are that my family did not immigrate via Ellis Island (which would have made my life much easier!), and I have no way of tracking down how they DID enter (although immigration years are available for some family members, from census records).

Also, Luba Perl immigrated from Peryaslava, Soviet Union (according to her birth certificate, which must have been translated during the time of the USSR), which I think is probably Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine?

Anyways, long story short, I'm deployed overseas, so I'm very limited on resources... I can't dig through newspaper archives or get books from the library. I need some help/advice for finding more information on my family online somehow!

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion