Started by Gideon Intrater on Monday, August 8, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Ramani
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 13 posts
8/8/2011 at 3:44 PM

Before the big crash I could send collaboration requests to the new people who joined the collaboration pool. Recently, whenever I open a profile of a new member of the collaboration pool, the icon for requesting to collaborate is missing. Any idea whay it is is and is there a way around it?

8/8/2011 at 4:08 PM

Are you looking on the "Actions" pull-down menu?

8/8/2011 at 8:00 PM

[[54] What was the reason for moving it there?

Collaboration is such an essential part of Geni you would think it would be where it is easily found.

Where it was!!!

8/8/2011 at 9:04 PM

There are a lot of reasons a product team may choose one layout over another.

8/9/2011 at 1:41 AM

Angus, I like this place more, however, at first I did not see it either.
Becauser there is not yet a good instruction to users how to work on Geni, differences make no problem now, only users have to change a routine, perhaps all users have to be sent a welcome-message in which the mentioning of the blog with changes on Geni

8/9/2011 at 4:22 AM

Well I for one, liked the old place better.
I understand the benefits of hoovering up the buttons previously scattered all over the page and regrouping them in a nice tidy drop down meny.

But the old place for the collaborate button was more intuitive, as the frontpage of a profile immediately would show me if there was a collaborate request pending. Or not.

Just my ten cent's worth of thoughts...

8/9/2011 at 2:06 PM

As now most actions and also pending statuses are hidde under Actions - I think that we will need some more status icons near name fields:
A) Family Group member (such icon is currently only used in newsfeed and at wall/questbook)
B) Collaboration request pending
C) Family Request Pending
D) Follower (Follows me)
E) Following (I Follow him/her)

And all these icons (like also Collaborator, PRO, Curator, MP, Popular <100>) shall be displayed all time and in all lists;
Discussions, Projects, Popular, Persons, Followers, Fellowing, Collaborators, Documents/Comments etc.

8/10/2011 at 12:34 AM

You can now vote it:
http://help.geni.com/entries/20344562-staus-icons-for-pending-reque...
(I added also icon ideas)

8/10/2011 at 4:06 PM

Mike, once in a while the esteemed "project team" should swallow its pride and admit that their idea wasn't that great...

Private User
8/10/2011 at 4:20 PM

Gideon, amen to that!

Ramani
8/11/2011 at 3:35 AM

Please dont send the project discussions

8/11/2011 at 6:28 AM

Ramani, not sure what you are asking/saying....?

8/11/2011 at 10:13 AM

Ramani

go to the discussiond and click on "Unfollow"

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion