CURATOR: REMOVE/DELETE THIS PROFILE / THESE PROFILES FOR ME!

Started by FRED BERGMAN on Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
8/9/2011 at 1:16 AM

Sometimes a user, working on a lineage, pedigree or tree, is discovering that a mistake somewhere in the middle of profile has been made, generation beaten or put in twice. It is for many users difficult to rectify because often the removal of parents and / or spouses will not succeed. Many users only can delete this profile if this hasn't more than 1 connection, parent, or child, or spouse, or brother / sister.
Then it is easy,click in the tree on the cross in the top right of the profilewindow and that profile can be deleted!

If the user fails, then a curator can delete the profile.
But then it is absolutely necessary that the profile must made ​​public.
In most cases, also a curator cannot delete a profile if profiles aren't public !

So, if you want a curator to delete one or more of your public profile(s), publish here the copy of the URLaddress you see above the profile.

8/9/2011 at 5:49 AM

Fred are you venturing into the Private Tree of Users...... just trying to understand?

8/9/2011 at 5:53 AM

Angus no, I saw a lot of requests from users to delete profiles managed by them, but I could only do the public ones. So I think to publish this discussion a lot of users can be helped to get rid of profiles they doesn't want to contnue !

8/9/2011 at 8:30 AM

Why can the software not be made more user friendly regarding the adding of partners, spouses and children?

8/9/2011 at 9:18 AM

The software will be made more user friendly but it needs time, because there is a huge opposition by certain users who are afraid that their carefully built parts of the tree will be destroyed if every user unverified can edit, merge and delete. The right way to content all users still must be found !

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion