. . . a single, collaborative world family tree . . .

Started by Peter De Bie on Friday, August 12, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 511-513 of 513 posts
8/23/2012 at 1:50 PM

re: language changes randomly ....

Not specific to Mac's; also happens on Windows machines. (happened to me once today, too.)

12/5/2012 at 12:40 AM

I've joined this discussion when it has been going for a year so my contribution might be out of date: however, isn't at least a partial answer to this issue is for Pro users to 'adopt' (perhaps via collaboration of adding to a project) non-pros who have a shared interest in our mutual trees?

It seems to me that such a mechanism would avoid much of the abuse that is perhaps behind the restrictions placed on non-pro users. (By this I am not implying that non-Pro users are the cause of all the problems - indeed most of the issues I have are caused by inactive users who won't respond to my requests to collaborate and who have marked key records as private')

Regards

Will

Private User
12/5/2012 at 1:09 AM

re: "however, isn't at least a partial answer to this issue is for Pro users to 'adopt' (perhaps via collaboration of adding to a project) non-pros who have a shared interest in our mutual trees?"

Yes, absolutely, and brilliant. I send collaboration requests regularly now with merge requests and I'm so glad I do. It's the way to get people involved and let their passion for genealogy loose on Geni, which benefits us all.

Showing 511-513 of 513 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion