Who are the parents o fLouis of Valois, de Valois-Angoulême, Duc d'Orléans?

Started by Private User on Monday, August 15, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
8/15/2011 at 10:28 AM

3 fathers listed. Charles V and Johana of Bourbon (not Jeanne) appears the fact.
Karl V? and John II Duc of Bourbon are the other profiles listed as fathers. I am pretty sure (as we can never be) that the spelling of Johan got corrupted with Jeanne and that the 2 profiles for her doe represent the correct mother, just different profile entries.
Profile in dispute/question is http://www.geni.com/people/Louis-de-Valois-Angoul%C3%AAme/600000000....
Curator/Manager is http://www.geni.com/people/L%C3%BAcia-Pilla/6000000003120624112?thr... LuLúcia Pilla Damasio

I am guessing that someone would love to tackle this cleanup? Thanks!

Private User
8/15/2011 at 10:32 AM

I contacted manager of record as well as curator via personal mail and hope they can help sort this out! Thanks. Louis of Valois is a 16th great grandfather and I need to make sure the correct lineage back is documented.

8/15/2011 at 10:57 AM
Private User
8/15/2011 at 11:06 AM

Thanks Angus! We run into these occasionally on obsure profiles but this one seems to be significant controversy regarding regency and dauphins and "kidnapping" of the heirs etc and who raised who as opposed to who was the father. Oh the intrigue!

8/15/2011 at 11:26 AM
Private User
8/15/2011 at 12:12 PM

No biggie. I think someone linked Karl V as the father to Louis when he is perhaps only a stepfather or even the first husband to Jeanne (or Johan). She is listed as married to Charles V and there is NO way a Valois could not come from Charles V, a Valois.. Karl is NOT the father in any way shape or form. Definitely, John II (Jean II duc de Bourbon) is not the father either. HE IS CHARLES V father. Just a few things to tidy up.

Private User
8/15/2011 at 12:13 PM

Jeanne (or Johan) is the mother and her Bourbon line continues correctly up the tree.

Private User
8/22/2011 at 7:08 AM

Nevermind. My bad in relation to different naming convention. Just a language issue. Karl V is same as Charles V and Carlos V etc. silly me.

Private User
8/22/2011 at 7:08 AM

However, it would be nice to merge the profiles. Can't do without pro.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion