• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
Showing all 4 posts
Private User
8/17/2011 at 4:58 PM

EXCUSE THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF ME!!! I am LIVID!!! GENI will not allow me to add anything. Are we MANDATED to upgrade? GENI is crap since the upgrade! Nothing works right! I attempt to add a child and I CONSISTENTLY receive the upgrade query asking for my credit card number. I am UNABLE to add anyone!!! I can't believe how they have destroyed this site in their quest for $$$$$$$. I had the upgraded version. I tried it. I found no differences. It was NOT at all helpful to me. And since I don't want to pay for it and want only the free version, GENI is telling me to leave and not allowing me to work with my page? I am an adoptee and by meeting my bio mother, have created a huge biological tree. It is irreparable. I will not be able to replace it because I don't have contact with many of my biological family anymore. Frankly, the stress GENI is causing me is extreme, and this tree is priceless if anything happens to it. Also, on my tree, the names and writing are all vertical instead of horizontal unless I pass my mouse over the names, but every time I move the tree, the names go vertical again. And there are other problems. The problems go on and on.

How many times must I tell GENI NO!!!! I DO NOT WANT THE PREMIUM VERSION!? Are we OBLIGATED to upgrade? Stop bloody well harrassing me and say so then or shut up!

Private User
8/17/2011 at 5:55 PM

Private UserThe way I understand it is Yes, you are obligated to upgrade ***IF*** you want to add profiles beyond your third grandfather. Stay in closer than that and no upgrade is required.

8/18/2011 at 10:48 AM
Private User
8/18/2011 at 6:06 PM

I have been working on my trees for several years. I have significant historical information on ancestors and my tree. This information was not given back then. I am no longer able to maintain my tree due to this. As far as I'm concerned, Geni.com has stolen my time, research, and intellectual information for its own profit. I expect payment from Geni.com for the profit it will make from my research, time, & energy. The Public Access Geni will only be as good as the assurance that your local institutions will subscribe to the site. There is no guarantee this will happen, in fact, it is highly likely it will not. I want my intellectual property safely transferred by Geni.com off Geni.com to a free site where I can have the access and features I have been using thus far. I don't consider this any different than if I had done sensitive medical research and conclusions, then suddenly was charged by someone to continue to use and work with my own intellectual property. This is theft, and there is nothing else it can be called except this. I want my own property returned to me.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion