Lack of flexibility - Ancestors and siblings of Mary A. Crumpler Cooper

Started by The Rev. Charles R. Butler Neto on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
8/21/2011 at 8:16 PM

I joined a program that was relatively free of charge, and now the very research I added is blocked from me.

For whoever is descended from Dixon Cooper and Mary Crumpler I am offering this gem and hope that they can add it if they happen to be connected to me. I can no longer add it. I hope that some of my second cousins can as they are the direct descendants of Dixon Cooper and and Mary A. Crumpler Cooper.

Mary A. Cooper's parents were Margaret Crumpler (1784-1869) and John Holmes Crumpler (1784-1830).

Her parents had multiple children.

Mary A. Crumpler (Dixon's wife)
John Haywood Crumpler (1883-1882)
Sophia Royal 1817-
Maria Jane Crumpler 1818-1886
Matthew James Crumpler 1819-1894
Margaret Lafayette Crumpler 1813-11882

John Holmes Crumpler's parents were:

Jacob Crumpler (1750-1817)
and Margaret Holmes Crumpler (1784 - 1869)

All of this is from a VOLUNTEER service called "Find a Grave" where people take THEIR MONEY and invest it in photographing graves throughout the country.

ALL MONEY IS VOLUNTEER, it is not a Paid Service based on volunteer labor suddenly becoming essentially slave labor that you get to pay for.

The state archives across the country have been up front as a paid service from the minute they went on line, now my OWN research costs ME money to be able to upload it for other people. This was not the service I joined.

8/22/2011 at 4:00 AM

Rev. Charles, (my 11th cousin)

I added these for you...

Feel free to pass along any other requests and I'll help out on anything you can't get to otherwise...

d

Private User
8/22/2011 at 4:07 AM

[[6000000002502802268[[ there is a way to do new additions by yourself.
1. make a simple duplicate of the last profile within your management as your brother;
2. add and edit as much as you want and can to this profile;
3. ask a curator to remove this profile as your brother and to merge this with the profile mentioned here under 1.

Private User
8/22/2011 at 4:10 AM

The Rev. Charles R. Butler Neto While the reducing rights of non users should be based on the fear that non pro users should make unforseen mistakes, the way I suggest doesn't give that fear, because there is always a curator involved who cares to prevent mistakes !

8/22/2011 at 5:00 AM

Fred,

With all due respect, because I have nothing but a profound appreciation for all the curators - you all have done many wonderful things and I can't say enough good for all your efforts - but when somebody just wants to chunk in a few ggg aunts or uncles up the tree out of the current range allowed for freebie users - it seems like a horrible shame to have to bother the curators with it...

I am sure I've certainly made my share of bad merges - but as a rule - I've known a lot of users on geni - both pro and freebie - who do take a great deal of care in maintaining the tree - and they work very hard at being contentious with their changes using the best sources they can...

In situations like that - we all understand there are only so many curators to go around - and I think its valid for other users to help out when they can...

Private User
8/22/2011 at 7:46 AM

Curators are in my opinion in the first place to help users and starting from that point of view I search for possibilities !

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion