Tribute found from Australasian Sketcher of older brother Johann Sprinckhorn

Started by Kathleen Conklin on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• John
    Geni member
Showing all 2 posts
8/24/2011 at 7:54 AM

Google digitalized the newsletter from The Australasian Sketcher published April 15, 1873 which contains a tribute to John's older brother Johann who spent much of his single life (after leaving Hamburg due to the Great Fire of Hamburgh of 1842) contributing to the world of music. I had made mention of John trying to work for his older brother Johann, but I now have found a wonderful obituary tribute from Melbourne, Australia where Johann died. The tribute can be found on page 18. The Google ebook access is free. Also, there is a sketched portrait of Johann Sprinckhorn on Page 37. If you are one who does not wish to look up this Google book, I share here some of my favorite clips from that article:
"Wherever he went he made friends. His manners were gentle and his social conduct irreproachable. He was a musician by instinct, and a man of honour because he did not know how to be anything else."
His musicial career and travels are very interesting to read of. The man got around, I'll say that for him!

8/24/2011 at 8:50 AM

Forgot to supply you with link to the newspaper cited in this discussion. Sorry. Here it is:
http://books.google.com/books?id=tq9CAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA23&lpg=P...

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion