Jane (Phillips) Pearce

Started by Lauren Hockert Ciarochi on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
9/1/2011 at 2:30 PM

This profile is showing 4 possible matches but I cannot make a reasonable comparison for merging because I do not have birth/death dates. Does anyone have any additional information for her?

9/2/2011 at 12:09 AM

The link is not proven. I took it from the Thompson Rowe Family Tree on ancestry as a possible, but that tree has numerous errors in it, so I am not convinced that there is a link. But for info the dates given for Jane Phillip (not Phillips) on that tree are born 12 Feb 1750 Portland, married William Pearce 19 May 1769 Portland, died 11 Feb 1837 Portland. None of these are sourced, and I do wonder why their son William is the only one born in Mitcheldean (the others are all born Chesil, Dorset, save one who is born Alverstoke, Hampshire). I would not waste too much time on this one unless it looks really promising.

Best

John

9/2/2011 at 12:15 AM

Further to my last, my cousin's husband Dave Stamp seems to have better information in his family tree on the ancestors of William Pearce. I have not been able to idenpendently verify, which is why I have not added to the tree. But do you want me to send you a gedcom file of the relevant people?

Best

John

9/8/2011 at 1:45 PM

We just got back in town yesterday! I have been traveling with the girls for their figure skating competition. I would love to keep working on this, hopefully this weekend.
I agree with you about not spending too much time unless we have sources. We can come back to her later!

9/9/2011 at 1:07 AM

Hi there. I am off on holiday to Turkey for two weeks, so you're on your own with this one. Be warned though, the more I dug the less convinced I was about my cousin's version of the tree (assuming you have that). We both have William Pearce married to Letitia Eaton (nee Robinson), but I have him born 1774, and Dave Stamp has him born 1778 (both Mitcheldean). There are too many Pearces in Mitcheldean and neither of us can be sure we are right, but since I know that William Pearce was already a widower (this fact from the Forest of Dean Family History parish registers database - worth signing up to their site if you are pursuing this) and an innkeeper when he married Letitia in 1800, I think the odds are in favour of him being 26 rather than 22. But on reflection I think we are both probably wrong. The solution may be to get hold of the marriage settlement between the two, a copy of which exists in Gloucestershire archives (reference D892/T7/(2). I just have not got round to ordering it online.

Best

John

9/13/2011 at 8:47 AM

Lovely work John!! Should we add Dave to the group? Thanks so much for digging. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, I look forward to hearing about it upon your return. :-)

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion