Old Southwest Territorial Capitol (Rocky Mount, Tennessee) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

‹ Back to Documents Associated With Jean Carr
uploaded by Private User on August 27, 2012
Description:

This structure was erected in the small community of Rocky Mount in the late 18th Century as the home of early pioneer William Cobb. It was used as the seat of government for the Southwest Territory from 1790 to 1792 when the capital of the territory was moved to Knoxville. The Southwest Territory ultimately became the state of Tennessee four years later in 1796. Today the town of Rocky Mount has died away and many times this structure is more commonly associated with the nearby rural community of Piney Flats.

No tagged profiles.
Projects

Share