Aedd Mawr ap Antonius, duke of Cornwall
|Nicknames:||"Aedd the Cambrian", "Edward The Great", "Edward the /Great/"|
|Birthplace:||Cornwall, Cornwall, England|
|Death:||Died in Cornwall, England|
Son of Antonius "the Cambrian" ap Seisyll, duke of Cornwall and NN . NN
|Occupation:||Duke of Cornwall, King of Britain, BC 043|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Aedd Mawr ap Antonius, duke of Cornwall
Aedd Mawr Dux Cornwall
Addedomarus was a king of south-eastern Britain in the late 1st century BC. His name is known only from his inscribed coins, the distribution of which seem to indicate that he was the ruler of the Trinovantes.
He was the first king to produce inscribed coins north of the Thames, perhaps as early as 35 BC, although some estimates are as late as 15 BC. He seems to have moved the Trinovantian capital from Braughing in Hertfordshire to Camulodunum (Colchester, Essex). For a brief period (ca. 15-10 BC) he seems to have been supplanted by Tasciovanus of the Catuvellauni, who issued coins from Camulodunum at that time. Addedomarus then appears to have regained power and reigned until 10-5 BC, when he was succeeded by Dubnovellaunus.
Addedomarus appears in later, post-Roman and medieval British Celtic genealogies and legends as Aedd Mawr (Addedo the Great). The Welsh Triads recall Aedd Mawr as one of the founders of Britain.
(Wikipedia) -------------------- http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pmcbride/james/f003.htm#T12
Early Scottish Ancestors
1. Early Irish and Scottish Kings to Malcolm III.
- 1. Aedd Mawr, King Edward the Great, who appears to have lived about 1300 B.C., the time of Boaz and Ruth in the Old Testament, had a son Brydain.
- 2. Brydain settled in the island at an early date and being a great legislator as well as a warrior, according to tradition gave his name to the entire island, which was subsequently corrupted into Britain.
-------------------- "Aedd" is just an abreviation of his name, the full not being known. It has been conjectured that Aedd Mawr is the "barbarian king" whom Antonia, daughter of Mark Anthony, divorced to marry Pytho of Tralles. --------------------
Notes for Aedd MAWR, Druid King of Wales:
1. Aedd was King Edward the Great living during the time of Ruth and Boaz. He ruled ca 1300BC.
2. We are unable to accurately document Aedd's predecessors other than Hu Gadarn Hysicion (Isaacson) known as Hu The Mighty. Hu lead the first colony of Cymr (or Welsh) in 1800BC from Defrobane (Constantinople) into Britain.