Alexander Ranaldson Macdonell
Son of Duncan Macdonell, 14th of Glengarry and Marjory Grant
|Managed by:||Alisdair James Smyth|
Matching family tree profiles for Alexander Macdonell, 15th of Glengarry
About Alexander Macdonell, 15th of Glengarry
"XIV. Alexander, who was educated at Oxford, and married, in 1802, Rebecca, daughter of Sir William Forbes of Pitsligo, who died in 1840. By her he had —
- Aeneas, who died young.
- Aeneas, who succeeded him.
- Alastair, who died young.
- Duncan Alastair, who died young.
- Elizabeth, who married Roderick C. Macdonald of Castletirrim, P.E. Island, with issue.
- Marsally, who, in 1833, married Andrew, son of Andrew Bonar of Kimmerghame, Berwick, with issue.
- Jemima, who, in 1833, married Charles, second son of Sir William Forbes of Pitsligo, with issue.
- Louisa Christian, who lived at Rothesay, a lady of many accomplishments, who laboured for many years in the cause of education and religion. She died at Rothesay in 1900.
- Caroline Hester, who died, unmarried, at Rothesay.
Glengarry died January 14th, 1828, and was succeeded by his only surviving son."
SOURCE: The clan Donald; by the Rev. A. Macdonald, minister of Killearnan, and the Rev. A. Macdonald, minister of Kiltarlity; Vol. III; 1896; page 315