Son of Sir Walter Stewart of Lennox, Master of Fife and Celestine Campbell
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Alexander Stewart
About Alexander Stewart
This Alexander Stewart, son of Walter, was the second person to hold the title of "1st Lord Avandale"; he inherited this from his uncle Andrew. Upon Alexander's death the title of 2nd Lord Avandale went to another Andrew, nephew of the original 1st Lord Avandale.
- 'Alexander Stewart1
- 'M, #561426, b. before 1425, d. circa 1472
- Last Edited=7 Oct 2012
- Consanguinity Index=7.15%
- ' Alexander Stewart was born illegitimately before 1425.1 He was the son of Walter Stewart, Master of Fife and unknown daughter Campbell.1 He died circa 1472.1
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 2768. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p56143.htm#i561426
- Sir Walter Stewart, Master of Fife, Lennox, & Menteith1,2,3,4
- M, #37523, b. circa 1396, d. 24 May 1425
- Father Murdoch Stewart, 2nd Duke Albany5 b. c 1362, d. 25 May 1425
- Mother Isabel Lennox5 d. bt 1456 - 25 Jun 1460
- Sir Walter Stewart, Master of Fife, Lennox, & Menteith married (Miss) Campbell, daughter of Sir Arthur Campbell, 6th Laird of Strachur, Glenfalloch, & Glendochart, DID NOT MARRY; They had 6 illegitimate sons (Sir Andrew, 1st Lord Avondale, Chancellor of Scotland; Sir Murdoch; Arthur; Robert; 'Alexander'; & Walter of Morphie) & 2 illegitimate daughters (Maud, wife of Sir William Edmonstone of Duntreath; & Marion, wife of Sir Colin Campbell of Glenorchy).6,3,4 Sir Walter Stewart, Master of Fife, Lennox, & Menteith was born circa 1396 at of Lennox, Scotland. He and Euphemia Stewart obtained a marriage license on 5 September 1415; Date of dispensation, but marriage never occurred.7,3,4 Sir Walter Stewart, Master of Fife, Lennox, & Menteith and Janet Erskine obtained a marriage license on 27 May 1421; Date of dispensation, being related in the 3rd degree of consanguinity. This marriage may not have taken place.6,3,4 Sir Walter Stewart, Master of Fife, Lennox, & Menteith died on 24 May 1425 at Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland; Beheaded. Buried at Blackfriars church, Stirling.6,3,4
- Family 1 (Miss) Campbell
- Andrew Stewart, 1st Lord Avandale d. bt 11 Mar 1488 - 12 Jul 1488
- Arthur Stewart
- Family 2 Euphemia Stewart b. a 1378, d. Oct 1415
- Family 3 Janet Erskine b. c 1396
- Marion Stewart+8
- David Stewart9 d. a 5 Feb 1538
- Walter Stewart, 1st Laird of Morphie+ b. c 1422, d. b 1488
- 1.[S11388] Unknown author, The Scots Peerage, by Sir James Balfour Paul, 1904, Vol. I, p. 150.
- 2.[S11649] Clan MacFarlane & Associated Clans Genealogy.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 545.
- 4.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 621.
- 5.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 619-620.
- 6.[S11563] The Scots Peerage, Vol. I, edited by Sir James Balfour Paul, p. 150.
- 7.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 558.
- 8.[S11564] The Scots Peerage, Vol. II, edited by Sir James Balfour Paul, p. 176.
- 9.[S11565] The Scots Peerage, Vol. III, edited by Sir James Balfour Paul, p. 529-530.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1249.htm#i37523