Alfred J.'s Top Matches
About Alfred J. Fellowes
- Name: Mr Alfred J. Fellowes
- Born in Liverpool Merseyside England
- Age: 29 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at 51 Bridge Road Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Boots
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 138)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Monday 6th May 1912.
© Bob Knuckle, Canada
Mr Alfred J. Fellows, 29, was born in Liverpool.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 51 Bridge Road Road, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As assistant boots he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
His body, was recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#138) and was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia, on 6 May 1912.
NO. 138. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 30. - HAIR & MOUSTACHE, BLACK.
CLOTHING - Green overcoat; blue trousers; grey coat; Steward's white jacket; black boots and socks.
WASHING MARKS - T. 22.
EFFECTS - Gold ring; keys; scissors.
NAME - ALF. FELLOWS.
References and Sources White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)