About Alice Adeline Murray (Rhodes)
Mrs. Alice Adeline Rhodes Crouse.
DAR ID Number: 160213
Born in Troy, N. Y.
Wife of Edgar Poe Crouse.
Descendant of Jannah Griswold, Jude Gaines, Corp. Samuel Gage and William Clark, as follows:
1. Samuel A. Murray (1850-91) m. 1872 Alice Adeline Rhodes (1844-80).
2. Joseph Harlow Rhodes (1817-1902) m. 1842 Catherine Griswold (1818-97).
3. Joseph Rhodes (1778-1840) m. 1801 Rhoda Gaines (1783-1856); John Griswold (1786-1861) m. Nancy Gage (1787-1822).
4. Jannah Griswold m. 1786 Lucy Clark (1761-1846); Jude Gaines m. 1771 Anna (Anner) Prindle (1753-1839); Samuel Gage m. 1769 Lydia Fish (b. 1749).
5. William Clark m. 1744 Mary Wright (d. 1797).
Jannah Griswold (1758-1835) received a pension, 1833, for service as private and teamster in the Connecticut troops. He was born in Harwinton, Conn.; died in Johnstown, N. Y.
Jude Gaines received a pension for service as private in the Connecticut troops under Col. Samuel Elmore. He died, 1829, in Sheffield, Mass.
Samuel Gage (1749-1820) served as private in Capt. John Allen's company of minutemen at the Lexington Alarm and as corporal in the 3d Worcester County, Massachusetts regiment, under Lieut. Col. Nathan Tyler. He was born in Mendon, Mass.; died in Fulton County, N. Y.
William Clark (1713-1812) served as private in the Connecticut Line under Lieut. Gideon Bailey. He was born in Haddam; died in Middlesex County, Conn.
-Excerpt from The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Volume 161