Alice Briggs (Hanson)
|Also Known As:||"Alice (Hanson) Bradford Briggs"|
|Birthplace:||Austerfield, Yorkshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Austerfield, Yorkshire, England|
Daughter of John (Rev) Hanson and Margaret Hanson
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Alice Briggs
About Alice Briggs
Alice Hanson was born on 8 Dec 1562 in Austerfield, Yorkshire, England, christened on 8 Dec 1562 in Austerfield, Yorkshire, England, and died there on 23 May 1597. 
She was the mother of William Bradford, Governor Of Plymouth Colony.
Alice Hanson Bradford (1562 - 1597) was the mother of Governor William Bradford of the Mayflower Bradford. She came from relatively comfrotable "yeoman" circumstances. She was widowed and left with two young children to raise. She subsequently remarried. Her children seem to have been under the guardianship of their paternal grandfather, William Bradford.
From Wikipedia: William Bradford of Plymouth Colony: English Origins. Retrieved 4 October 2013
William Bradford was born to William and Alice Bradford in Austerfield, Yorkshire, England, being baptized on March 19, 1589/90. In a time when most were farmers of modest means, the Bradford family owned a large farm and were considered wealthy and influential.
Bradford's childhood was marked by numerous deaths in the family. He was just over a year old when his father died. When he was four years old, his mother remarried and Bradford was sent to live with his grandfather. Two years later, his grandfather died and he returned to live with his mother and stepfather. A year later, in 1597, his mother died. Bradford thus became an orphan at age 7. He was sent to live with two uncles.
Parents: John Hansen (Hanson) (1530/1540-1601) and Margaret Greshan (Gressen) (1536-1603)
- on 21 Jun 1584 in Austerfield, Yorkshire, England to William Bradford (1559-1591). He was the son of William Bradford and Margaret Fox.
- on 23 Sep 1593 to Robert Briggs (1562-1629).
Children of Alice & William Bradford:
- Margaret Bradford Born: 1585 - <Austerfield, Yorkshire, , Eng> Christened: 8 Mar 1585 - Austerfield, Yorkshire, England Buried: 9 Mar 1586 - Austerfield, Yorkshire, England AFN: 9BL6-MX
- Alice Bradford Born: 30 Oct 1587 - Austerfield, Yorkshire, England Christened: 30 Nov 1587 - Austerfield, Yorkshire, England Died: 30 Jan 1607 - Austerfield, Yorkshire, England AFN: 9BL6-N4
- William Bradford, Governor Of Plymouth Colony Born: 19 Mar 1590 - Austerfield, Yorkshire, England Christened: 19 Mar 1590 - Austerfield, Yorkshire, England Died: 9 May 1657 - Plymouth Colony Buried: May 1657 - Plymouth, Mass. AFN: 4LBC-XQ. Married (1) on 18 Nov 1613 in Leiden, South Holland, Netherland to Dorothea May (1590-1620) Married (2) on 14 Aug 1623 in Plymouth Colony to Alice Carpenter (1593-1670)
Children of Alice & Robert Briggs:
- Agnes BRIGGS b: 22 Sep 1594 in Austerfield, Yorkshire, England
- Robert BRIGGS b: 8 May 1597 in Austerfield, Yorkshire, England
- Ancestral File # 5DN2-8P. (LDS)
- Bradford, William (5) (William(4), Robert(3), Peter(2), Robert(1)), born before 1560; buried at Austerfield July 15, 1591; married Alice Hanson, daughter of John Hanson, July 21, 1584. She was baptized Dec. 8, 1562, and married 2nd Robert Briggs Feb. 23, 1593. (Mayflower Planters, pg 104, 105)
- http://werelate.org/wiki/Person:Alice_Hanson_(1) WeRelate: Alice Hanson
- Pane-Joyce Genealogy: Gov. William Bradford
- The Benner, Cleaveland and Related Families Last Edited 17 Feb 2003
- Descendants of William Bradford
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ancestral File (R) Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998 (6).
- Ancestry.com. History and genealogy of the Mayflower planters and first comers to ye olde colonie [database on-line]. Provo, UT: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: Hills, Leon Clark,. History and genealogy of the Mayflower planters and first comers to ye olde colonie. Washington, D.C.: Hills Pub. Co., c1936-c1941. (see document, attached)
- Bradford Register, Vol 4 , 83 & 84
- Gendex, per Susan Roser's Mayflower Increasings, 2nd ed.