|Also Known As:||"Alice Cromwell"|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy, Vol. ...|
Matching family tree profiles for Alice Cornwall
About Alice Cornwall
- "The Lee Family of Stanton, Roden and afterwards of Langley and Coton Hall, Salop, IS stated in Burke’s Baronetcies to be ONE of the oldest in England.
- "Sir Ralph de Lee of Lee Hall, Langley Aston, Burnell, 1447. He married first Isabella, and second Isabella, a daughter of James Ridley, and died Dec. 14, 1479. Sir Ralph was succeeded by HIS son:
- "Sir Richard de Lee of Langley and married Margaret, daughter and heiress of Sir Fulke Sprenchose and had five sons and two daughters. He was succeeded by HIS son:
- ' "Sir Fulke Lee of Langley; married Alice, daughter of Sir Richard Cromwell, and secondly Elizabeth, daughter of John Leighton. He was succeeded by HIS son and heir:
- "Sir Thomas Lee of Langley and he married Jane, daughter of Sir Robert Morton and had five sons and seven daughters.
- From: http://www.familytreecircles.com/lineage-of-the-lee-family-s-c-america-32199.html
- 'Genealogical history of the Lee family of Virginia and Maryland from A.D. 1300 to A.D. 1866 (1868)
- This Richard Lee, as appears from ancient record, was the king's surveyor, since we find a letter written to "Richard Lee, Esq., surveyor of the king's workes at Guisnes, declaring the kings Highness' pleasure touching the conveyance of water through the town of St. Peter's, and the opening of a drain," &c. ; also "at Windsor, 1540, an order was sent to Richard Lee, surveyor of Calais, to answer charges against him, and to use himself towards the king's officers as his duty doth appertain." *
- 'Fulco Lee, the eldest son and heir of Langley, married twice ; first, Alicia, daughter of Henry Cornwall of Birington, in the county of Hereford', of which family, Burke, in his "Landed Gentry of England," says, "The Cornwalls are descended from Richard de Cornwall, who had the manor of Thunneck, in Lin-
- colnshire, from Edward, Earl of Cornwall, eighth of Edward I., 1280. He was ancestor of the Cornwalls, barons of Burford, the senior line of which family is now represented by the heir, Gen. George Cornwall Leigh, Esq., of HighLeigh, Cheshire."
- 'Transactions of the Shropshire Archaeological and Natural History ..., Volume 5 By Shropshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
- Pg. 366
- Margaret (nee Sprencheaux) and her first husband, Richard Lee, had issue five sons and two daughters, Margery, wife of Francis Lingeyn, and Johanna, wife of Thomas Vernon. The sons were 'Fulke Lee, who continued the line', Thomas, Richard, Richard who married ___ Macocks, and John of Stanton and Langley, who left a sole daughter and heiress, Margaret, wife of Richard Brooke . . .
- Pg. 374
- 'Fulke Lee (probably named from his grandfather, Sir Fulke
- Pg. 375
- 'Sprencheaux) married Alice, daughter of Sir Richard Cornwall of Berrington, Co. Hereford, by Jane, his wife, . . . Margaret, daughter of Fulke Lee, was the wife of Reginald Williams of Willaston, . . . Thomas Lee the son and successor of Fulke Lee and Alice, his wife, married Jane, daughter of Sir Robert Corbet of Morton Corbet, Co. Salop, by Elizabeth, daughter of Sir Henry Vernon of Tong Castle . . . . .
- 'The House of Commons: 1509 - 1558 ; 1, Appendices, constituencies ..., Volume 4
- By Stanley T. Bindoff, John S. Roskell, Lewis Namier, Romney
- Pg. 510
- LEE, Richard (?1501-57 or later), of Oxenbold, Salop.
- MUCH WENLOCK 1553 (Oct.)
- b. ?1501, '2nd son of Fulk Lee of Langley, by Alice, da. of Sir Richard or Thomas Cornwall of Berrington, Herefs.' m. by 1538, Joyce, da. of Edward Sutton, 2nd Lord Dudley, wid. of John Leighton* (d.28 Feb. 1532) of Wattlesborough, Salop.1
- 'A genealogical and heraldic history of the landed gentry of Great Britain & Ireland (1894) Vol. 2
- Pg. 1165
- Richard de Lee m. Margaret Sprenchose
- 'Fulke Lee m. Alice Cornwall 2m. Elizabeth Leighton
- Thomas Lee m. Jane Morton
- 'Transactions of the Shropshire Archaeological and Natural History Society (1878)
- Pg. 226
- Richard Lee son of Thomas Lee by Jane, dau. of Sir Robert Corbet (whose wife was Elizabeth, dau. of Sir Henry Vernon .... grandson of 'Fulke Lee, by Alice, dau. of Sir Richard Cornwall,' who was the son of Richard Lee of Langley, by Margaret or Margery, dau. of Sir Fulke Sprencheaux