Alice Dalton, of Althorp
|Birthplace:||Althorp, Northamptonshire, England|
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy, Vol. ...|
About Alice Dalton, of Althorp
'F, #90658, b. circa 1424
Father Sir Richard Dalton1,2 b. c 1390
Mother Isabel Stanley3
'Alice Dalton was born circa 1424 at of Althorp, Northamptonshire, England.1 She married William Fychan ap Gwilym, (?) Deputy Chamberlain of North Wales, son of Sir Gwilym Griffeth and Janet Stanley, circa 1444.1,2
'Family William Fychan ap Gwilym, (?) Deputy Chamberlain of North Wales b. c 1420
- Sir William Griffith, Chamberlain of North Wales+1,2 b. c 1447, d. 1505 or 1506
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 243.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 559.
- 3.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- 'Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study In Colonial And Medieval Families, 2nd Edition ...
- By Douglas Richardson
- Pg. 595
- 15. JOAN TROUTBECK, born in 1459. She married (1st) WILLIAM BOTELER, Knt., 2nd but eldest son and heir of John Boteler, Knt., of Bewsey (in Warrington), Burtonwood, Great Sankey, etc., Lancashire, by his 1st wife, Margaret, daughter of Peter Gerard. he was born 25 Nov. 1450. They had no issue. SIR WILLIAM BOTELER died 8 Jun 1471. His widow, Joan, married (2nd) (as his 1st wife) WILLIAM GRIFFITH, K.G., of Penrhyn, Caernarvonshire, Marshal of the King's Hall, Chamberlain of North Wales, son of 'Gwilym Fychan ap Gwilym (otherwise know as William Griffith), Marshal of the King's Hall, deputy of various Chamberlains of North Wales, by his 1st wife, Alice, daughter of Richard Dalton, Knt.' He was born about 1447. They had one son, William, Knt., and three daughters, Jane (wife of William Herbert, Knt.), Margaret (wife of Nicholas Dutton, Knt., and Simon Thelwall), and Ann (wife of __ Winnington). He married (2nd) ELIZABETH GREY, daughter of Robert Grey, Esq., Constable of Ruthin Castle. They had one son, William Grey, and one daughter, Alice (wife of Pierce Vychan, of Coetmor). SIR WILLIAM GRIFFITH died in 1505 or 1506.
- Father: Richard DALTON b: ABT 1390 in Bispham, Lancaster. England
- Mother: " a daughter of Lord Clifford " [Reifsnyder-Gillam Ancestry, pp 57-58]
- Marriage 1 Gwilym Fychan ap GWILYM 1st Chamberlain of Wales b: ABT 1415 in Penrhyn, Carnarvenshire, Wales
- William GRIFFITH b: ABT 1445 in Penrhyn, Carnarvenshire, Wales
- Jonet GRIFFITH b: ABT 1460 in Penrhyn, Carnarvenshire, Wales
- Welsh Biography Online http://yba.llgc.org.uk/en/index.html
- He m., before 1447, Ales, daughter and heiress of Sir Richard Dalton of Apthorp, Northants.; the marriage almost certainly reflects the Stanley connection, for Ales Dalton was grand-daughter by her second marriage of Isabel de Pilkington whose daughter by Thomas de Lathom, her first husband, brought Lathom and Knowsley to the Stanleys. (Dwnn, Visitations, ii, 155; Penrhyn MSS. 1-4, 7-9, 13; G.E.C., Complete Peerage, iv, 205 n. c.; D.N.B., liv., 75.)
- William Flower, Charles Best Norcliffe, College of Arms (Great Britain), The Visitations of Yorkshire in the Years 1563 and 1564: Made by William Flower, Esquire, Norroy, Page: 86
- Text: Ales doter p of Sir Rychard Dalton William Gryffyth of Penryn in Car marthenshyre
Alice Dalton, of Althorp's Timeline
Althorp, Northamptonshire, England
Penrhyn Castle, Caernarvonshire, Wales, (Present UK)
Apethorpe, Northamptonshire, England
Walton, Pembrokeshire, Wales