About Alma K. Taylor
Alma Taylor, son of John Taylor and Eleanor Burkett, was born 6 March 1834, in Liberty, Clay county, Missouri. Came to Utah August 1853. Had three plural wives and twenty-one children. Missionary to Fort Supply 1855. Settled at Ogden 1856. A pioneer to Franklin, Idaho. Farmer. Died August 10, 1910, at Vernal, Utah, from injuries received in a runaway. Buried at Rock Point Cemetery, Maeser, Uintah County, Utah, Plot B63 S4.
Marriages and Children
- Celia Anzinette Keyes, daughter of Elisha Barrus Keyes and Joanna Case Worden, was born 10 May 1841, married 3 December 1856 at Fort Supply, Utah. Their children were:
- Charles Alma born July 22, 1858, died infant;
- Sarah Anzinette born September 27, 1859, died;
- Mary Eleanor born September 11, 1861, married Patent Huffaker;
- Joanna Rosealia born December 22, 1863, married John Steinaker;
- Clara Louise born January 31, 1867, married Lee Cover;
- Hyrum Henry born June 27, 1870, married Eliza Jane Bird;
- Amy May born May 19, 1872, married James C. Gardiner;
- Ermina Isabell born April 9, 1874, married Harry Meadows;
- Inis Pearl born April 7, 1876, married Jake Workman;
- Lola Lucy born April 22, 1879, and Rebecca Jane born February 21, 1881, died Infant;
- James Anson born October 6, 1882, died November 9, 1905;
- Minnie Viola born March 2, 1888, married Frank Croxford.
- Martha Keyes, married 1864 (daughter of Elisha Barrus Keyes and Joanna Case Worden). Four Children were born.
- Cornelia Congdon, married 1864. Five children were born to this marriage.
Alma Taylor's Timeline
March 6, 1834
Liberty, Clay, Missouri, United States
December 3, 1856
Fort Supply, Uinta, Utah Territory, United States
August 10, 1910
Vernal, Uintah , Utah, United States
Maeser, Uintah, Utah, United States