Anders Johan Andersson
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Managed by:||-geni-NL-gids- Jeannette.|
Matching family tree profiles for Anders Johan Andersson
About Anders Johan Andersson
- Name: Mr Anders Johan Andersson
- Born: Tuesday 21st January 1873
- Age: 39 years
- Last Residence: in Kisa Östergötland Sweden
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347082 , £31 5s 6d
- Destination: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Anders Johan Andersson, 39, was born 21 January 1873, the son of Kristina Lovisa Andersson from Årtesmåla, Horn, Kisa.
Anders worked as a farmer at Kättestorp farm, Kisa, Östergötland, Sweden. He was married to Alfrida and they had five children: Ebba, Ellis, Ingeborg, Sigrid and Sigvard. They were quite well off but still decided to emigrate, tempted to America by Ernst Danbom who was married to Alfrida's sister Anna.
Anders and Alfrida were travelling from Kättestorp to the home of Anna's sister Mrs Andrew Zakrisson, Hartcourt St., Sturgeon creek, Saint James, Winnipeg, Canada. Other sources give the address as Stanton, Iowa so it is likely that they were going to stay with the Danbom family for a time.
The Andersson and Danbom families were accompanied by Anna Nysten from Farsbo farm outside Kisa. She was the only survivor of the company. Anders' body was never found.
Mansion House Fund paid 875:52 Kr (£48) to mother, 912 (£50) to seven siblings. 456:50 Kr damage claims paid to mother 25 August 1914.
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
- Leif Snellmann, Finland
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Alfrida Konstantia Brogren Andersson
- Miss Sigrid Elisabeth Andersson
- Miss Ingeborg Constanzia Andersson
- Miss Ebba Iris Alfrida Andersson
- Master Sigvard Harald Elias Andersson
- Miss Ellis Anna Maria Andersson
Anders Johan Andersson's Timeline
January 21, 1873
April 16, 1900
April 16, 1902
November 14, 1905
Kisa, Östergötland, Sweden
July 21, 1907
January 19, 1910
April 15, 1912
TITANIC at sea