About Andrew Cuomo
Andrew Mark Cuomo was born on 6 December 1957 in Queens, New York, United States of America.
He is the 56th and current Governor of New York, having assumed office on January 1, 2011. He was the 64th New York State Attorney General, and was the 11th United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
- the eldest son of Mario Cuomo (b. 15 June 1932) and Matilda Raffa.  Mario Cuomo was the 52nd Governor of New York (1983–1994).
- in 1991 to Kerry Kennedy (b. 8 September 1959). She is the seventh child of Robert F. Kennedy (1925-1968) and Ethel Skakel Kennedy (1928-). The marriage ended in divorce in 2005 after three children together.
- as of 2008, dating Sandra Lee Christiansen (b. 3 July 1966) She uses the professional name of Sandra Lee. 
Children of Kerry Kennedy and Andrew Cuomo:
- Cara Ethel Kennedy Cuomo (twin)
- Mariah Matilda Kennedy Cuomo (twin)
- Michaela Andrea Kennedy Cuomo
the quotable Governor
After same-sex marriage legislation passed the New York State Senate on 24 June 2011, Governor Cuomo's press release included:
"New York has finally torn down the barrier that has prevented same-sex couples from exercising the freedom to marry and from receiving the fundamental protections that so many couples and families take for granted... With the world watching, the Legislature, by a bipartisan vote, has said that all New Yorkers are equal under the law .... " 
-  Blauner, Peter (February 13, 1989). "All Star Family Feud: The Governor's In-Laws Battle Over a Father's Legacy". New York Magazine. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
-  Karni, Annie (December 3, 2009). "Sandra Lee and Andrew Cuomo: A Love Story". Page Six Magazine (New York: New York Post). Retrieved 26 June 2011.
-  "N.Y. legalizes gay marriage." Politico. Retrieved 26 June 2011.