|Death:||Died in Windsor,Hartford Co,Connecticut?|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Andrew Moore
view all 15
About Andrew Moore
- Descendants of Andrew Moore of Poquonock and Windsor, Conn. (1900)
- 1 The first mention, yet discovered, of Andrew Moore, of Poquonock. Conn., is the record of his marriage, which is as follows: "Andrew Moore & fara Phelpes yt was Dafter of famuell Phelpes ware married by capten Newberry, february. 15. 1671." Samuel Phelps was the son of William, the emigrant who came to Dorchester, Mass., in 1630. Samuel married Sarah (daughter of Edward) Griswold in Windsor, Conn., Nov. 10, 1650. Sarah (Phelps) Moore was born March 16, 1653-4. Andrew had a grant of land in Simsbury, Conn., in 1680, but he lived in Windsor where the birth of all his children is recorded, except that of his son William. He died there Nov. 29, 1719. and the inventory of his estate was made on the 17th of December following. The distribution of the property took place on the 5th of April, 1720. The estate was appraised at L320. Each of his nine children took his share of the property. The widow, Sarah Moore, was appointed administrator of the estate.
- 2. I. Sarah Moore, b. Dec. 6, 1672.
- 3. II. Andrew Moore, b. Feb. 15, 1674.
- 4. III. Deborah Moore, b. May 31, 1677.
- 5. IV. Jonathan Moore, b. Feb. 26, 1679-80,
- 6. V. Abigail Moore, b. Sept. 12, 1682.
- 7. VI. William Moore, b. __ 1684.
- 8. VII. Rachel Moore, b. Feb. 6, 1690-1.
- 9. VIII. Benjamin Moore, b, Dec. 5, 1693.
- 10. IX. .Amos Moore, b. Oct., 19, 1698.
- 3. ANDREW2 MOORE (Andrew1) born Feb. 15, 1674, married __ and was admitted freeman in Simsbury, Conn., Feb. 7, 1703. His will is dated May 7, 1752, and the inventory of the estate was taken August 28. 1752. There were six children: born Simsbury, Conn.
- 11. I. Lois Moore, b. 1704.
- II. Mary Moore, b. Sept. 30, 1707; d. Jan. 9, 1713.
- 12. III. Sanders Moore, bap. Nov. 17, 1709.
- IV. Sarah Moore, b __ . She was still unmarried in 1752.
- V. Mary Moore, 4th dau., b. Nov. 20, 1713.
- VI. Abiah Moore. 5th dau., b Aug, 5, 1717,
- Mary and Abiah had probably died without issue, as they are not mentioned in their father's will of May 7, 1752.
Andrew Moore's Timeline
February 15, 1674
May 28, 1752