|Birthplace:||Of Portsmouth,New Port,Rhode Island|
|Death:||Died in Little Compton,Newport,Rhode Island,USA|
|Place of Burial:||Brownell Cem., Little Compton, Rhode Island|
Daughter of Thomas Brownell and Anne Brownell
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Ann Brownell
About Ann Brownell
THIS ANN BROWNELL DID NOT MARRY BENJAMIN DEUEL, IT WAS HER NIECE, DAU. OF WILLIAM AND SARAH (SMITTON) BROWNELL, SEE HIS PROFILE FOR INFORMATION.
- 'Full text of "The Wildbores in America, a family tree"
- 4 — William Wilbor and Martha __ had —
- 13 — 1 — Mary, (Wilbor) b1654, dApr. 17, 1720, m1671, Joseph Mowry (b1647, d1716) (p6).
- '14 __ 2 __ Joseph, b1656, dMay 4, 1729, m1683, Ann Brownell, dau Thos- Ann, (b1662, d1747) (p6).
- '14 __ 2 __ Joseph Wilbor and Ann Brownell had —
- 'Full text of "Family records of the descendants of Thomas Wait, of Portsmouth, Rhode Island .."
- 4. Jeremiah 2 (Thomas 1 ), b. d. 1677. He married Martha Brownell, b. May, 1643, d. Feb. 15, 1744. She was born of Thomas and Ann Brownell, Portsmouth, R. I. She married a second time Charles Dyer. In 1673, May 6, he was a freeman; in 1677, May 10, his widow, Martha, bought for £16, of Daniel Wilcox and wife, Elizabeth, of Dartmouth, an eighth of a share there; in 1690, Mar. 8, Martha Wait, widow of Jeremiah 2 , bought for £20, of Robert and Mary Brownell, 30 acres in Little Compton, they calling her "sister"; in 1734, Jan. 29, a will was proven, and in 1744, Mar. 12, she was widow, Martha Dyer. Her executors were cousins (or nephews), Joseph and Stephen Brownell. She gave legacies to various nephews and nieces and to her three sisters, Mary Hazard, 'Anne Wilbur' and Susanna Brownell.
- There were no children of Jeremiah.
- 'The genealogical dictionary of Rhode Island: comprising three generations of ... By John Osborne Austin
- Pg. 29
Birth: 1662 Death: Apr. 2, 1747
Wife of Joseph
Burial: Wilbour Cemetery Little Compton Newport County Rhode Island, USA
Created by: KBrownst Record added: Jul 03, 2010 Find A Grave Memorial# 54442769
Anna Brownell (daughter of Thomas Brownell and Ann Unknown) was born 1654 in Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island, and died 02 Apr 1747 in Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island.She married Joseph Wilbore on 04 May 1683 in Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island, son of William Wilbore and Martha Holmes.
Includes NotesNotes for Anna Brownell:
Sources: 1.Little Compton Families, Benjamin Franklin Wilbour: Her will was made December 12, 1739 and proved April 7, 1747. 2. The Wildbores in America, A Family Tree Originally Published in 1907, Revised and Augmented in this Second Edition, John Reid Wilbor, Benjamin Franklin Wilbour, Press of George W. King Printing Company, Baltimore, Maryland, 1933, page 58. 3. Genealogical Record of the Descendants of Thomas Brownell, George Grant Brownell, Martin Merz and Son Printers, Jamestown, New York, pages 9-14. 4. Vital Record of Rhode Island 1636-1850, First Series, Births, Marriages & Deaths, A Family Register for the People, James N. Arnold, Editor of the Narragansett Historical Register, "Is My Name Written in the Book of Life?" Published under the Auspices of the General Assembly, Providence, Rhode Island, Narragansett Historical Publishing Company, 1803, Volume 4, Litle Compton, Part VI, pages 10, 67, 85 & 182. Wilbor, Anna (Brownell), wife of Joseph Wilbor, 1654, died April 2, 1747. Brownell, Anna, and Joseph Wilbor, 1683. Wilbor, Joseph, and Ann Brownell, 1683. Brownell, Anna, of Thomas and Ann, 1654. Brownell, Anna, died April 2, 1747. 5. Little Compton, Rhode Island, Cemetery Inscriptions, available at: ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ri/newport/cemetery/cemetery.txt Ann Wilbor wife of Joseph Wilbor and daughter of Thomas Brownell. She was born about 1662 and died April 2, 1747. Monument in the center of the Cemetery This monument erected to the memory and by the bequest of George Wilbor son of Joseph Wilbor and Hannah Wilbor, designates the spot where repose his mortal remains. He was born at Little Compton, state of Rhode Island February 25, 1797 and died at the city of New Orleans, state of Louisiana October 27, 1835. His remains were interred in this place November 26, 1835. His aged Father and si× of his surviving brothers share the fruits of his munificence this burial place of his ancestors and his beloved mother, is enclosed and suitable monument erected, to their memories. His ancestors whose remains are deposited in this place are as Follows: Ann Brownell his Great Great Grandmother was born 1662 and died April 2, 1747. 6. The Rhode Island Historical Cemeteries Transcription Project Index, available at: http://www.rootsweb.com/~rigenweb/cemetery/cemetery384.html Last Name: Wilbor First Name: Ann Maiden: Brownell Birth: about 1662 Death: April 2, 1747 Cemetery#: LC013 More About Anna Brownell: Burial: Unknown, Wilbor Cemetery, Willow Avenue, Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island. More About Anna Brownell and Joseph Wilbore: Marriage: 04 May 1683, Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island. Children of Anna Brownell and Joseph Wilbore are:
+Martha Wilbore, b. 20 Aug 1684, Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island, d. Dec 1746, Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island.
Ann Brownell's Timeline
Of Portsmouth,New Port,Rhode Island
May 4, 1683
Portmouth, Newport, Ri
August 20, 1684
Little Compton, Newport County, Rhode Island, United States
May 8, 1686
Little Compton, Newport, Rhode Island, United States
March 25, 1688
Little Compton, Newport, Rhode Island, USA
December 30, 1689
Little Compton,Newport,Rhode Island
December 15, 1691
Little Compton, New Port, RI
January 14, 1694
Little Compton, Bristol County, Province of Massachusetts
January 4, 1696
Little Compton, Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
June 20, 1699
Little Compton,New Port,Rhode Island