Anna Ilyinichna / Анна Ильинична's Top Matches
About Anna Ilyinichna / Анна Ильинична Yelizarova-Ulyanova / Елизарова-Ульянова (Ulyanova / Ульянова)
Улья́нова, А́нна Ильи́нична — Ulyanova, Anna Ilyinichna
- * 1864-08-14 O.S.
- * 1864-08-26 N.S.
- oo 1889-07
- † 1935-11-19 N.S.
Was the first 'family biographer' to begin a research of the roots of the Ulyanov's, an activity that did not make Stalin any happier ...
"Writing in 1927, Lenin’s sister Anna recalled that when she was four years old or thereabouts, in 1868 or 1869, her parents took her and her little brother Alexander on a steamer trip down the Volga from Nizhnii Novgorod to Astrakhan, the home of her father’s relations. She remembered the small two-storey house in which her grandmother and her uncle Vasilii lived, the warm welcome they received there, and the great fuss made over Alexander and herself. The trip stood out in Anna’s memory because it was the first and last visit ever paid by the Ulyanovs to the Astrakhan branch of the family. When Anna visited Astrakhan her grandfather Nikolai Vasilevich Ulyanov (1768–1836) had been dead for over thirty years. He had started life called not Ulyanov but Ulyanin and as a serf in the village of Androsovo in the Nizhnii Novgorod province. It is possible that, while Nikolai belonged to the Orthodox faith, he might have been not a Russian but a Mordvinian or a Chuvash." (White 2001: 13)
- Arutyunov, Akim Armenakovich. ДосьеЛенинабезретуши. Документы. Факты. Свидетельства. [Dossier of Lenin without retouch. Documents. Facts. Testimonies.] [in Russian] Moscow: Вече (Veche), 1999. ISBN 5-7838-0530-0
- Colton, Timothy J. "Moscow: Governing the Socialist Metropolis". Cambridge: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 1996.
- Hamilton-Dann, Mary. Vladimir and Nadya: The Lenin Story. New York: International Publishers, 1998.
- Service, Robert. Lenin: a biography. Cambridge: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2000. ISBN 0-674-00828-6
- White, James D. Lenin: The Practice and Theory of Revolution (European History in Perspective). Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2001. ISBN 0333721578
- Zenkovich, Nikolaj A. Самые секретные родственники. [The most secret relatives] [in Russian] Moscow: OLMA-Press, 2005. ISBN 5948504085
- Anyuta — Diminutive first name.
Anna Ulyanova / Анна Ильинична Елизарова-Ульянова's Timeline
August 14, 1864
Nizhny Novgorod, gorod Nizhniy Novgorod, Nizhegorodskaya oblast, Russia
October 19, 1935
Moscow, gorod Moskva, Moscow, Russia