About Anna van Guinea, SM/PROG
- Anna van Guinea was born circa 1647 in Guinea.
- Circa 1670 Anna van Guinea and Evert van Guinea were in a de facto relationship de Caep de Goede Hoop.
- On 6 May 1658,Anna van Guinea and Koddo van Guinea, Evert van Guinea, Maria van Guinea, Oude Hans van Guinea, Jajenne van Guinea, Adouke van Guinea, Deuxsous van Guinea, Dirk van Guinea and Regina van Rapenberg van Guinea arrived enslaved at the Cape on board the Hasselt from Popo, Benin. They were among 220 slaves acquired in Benin - and described by Jan van Riebeeck as bijsonder fraey, cloeck ende lustich volcq", i.e. goodlooking, strong and energetic.
- She was a slave after 6 May 1658 de Caep de Goede Hoop, owned by Johan Anthoniszoon van Riebeeck.
- Anna van Guinea was sold by Johan Anthoniszoon van Riebeeck, to Hendrick Hendricksz Boom circa 1662 de Caep de Goede Hoop.
- When, on 6 January 1665, Hendrick Hendricksz Boom , sold his entire household, including the adult slaves Anna van Guinea and Claes Kelder van Angola to Matthijs Coeijmans, Lijsbeth Sanders was likely one of two child slaves sold with them.
Family 1 Dirk van Guinea b. c 1628
Jan Dircksz van de Caep b. c Aug 1660
Family 2 Evert van Guinea b. c 1640
Maria Everts b. c 1663