Anne Downing (Ware)
|Birthplace:||Dublin, Dublin, Ireland|
|Death:||Died in London, London, England|
|Place of Burial:||St Warboroughes Church,Castle St,Dublin,Ireland|
Daughter of Sir James Ware and Mary Ware
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Anne Downing (Ware)
About Anne Downing (Ware)
- Anne Ware1
- F, b. circa 1592, d. circa 1622
- Anne Ware was born circa 1592 at England.1 She married Rev. Emanuel Downing, son of George Downing and Dorcas Blois, on 7 January 1614 at St. Michael Cornhill, Ipswich, Suffolk, England.1 Anne Ware died circa 1622 at of London, Middlesex, England.1
- Family Rev. Emanuel Downing b. 12 Aug 1585
- Abigail Downing+1 b. 5 Oct 1617, d. 8 Nov 1694
- 1.[S14] Unknown author, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, by Clarence Almon Torrey., p. 229.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p4270.htm#i128223
- Anne Ware1
- F, #410592, d. 23 October 1641
- Last Edited=8 Jul 2011
- Anne Ware was the daughter of Sir James Ware and Mary Bryden.1 She married Emanuel Downing, son of George Downing.1 She died on 23 October 1641.1 She died between 15 October 1621 and 17 October 1621.2
- Her married name became Downing.1
- Children of Anne Ware and Emanuel Downing
- 1.James Downing2 b. c 1616
- 2.Mary Downing2 b. c 1618, d. 16 Jun 1747
- 3.Susan Downing2 b. c 1620
- 1.[S1042] Peter Wood, "re: Sarah Selina Persse," e-mail message to Darryl Lundy, 26 February. Hereinafter cited as "re: Sarah Selina Persse."
- 2.[S5430] Ryan Englund, "re: Downing Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger LUNDY (101053), 3 July 2011. Hereinafter cited as "re: Downing Family."
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p41060.htm#i410592
- Anne Ware Downing
- Birth: unknown
- Death: 1621
- Family links:
- James Ware (____ - 1632)
- Mary Brydon Ware (1566 - 1632)
- Emmanuel Downing (1585 - 1660)*
- Mary Downing Stoddard (1615 - 1647)*
- Anne Ware Downing (____ - 1621)
- James Ware (1594 - 1666)*
- Peter Ware (1605 - 1659)*
- Burial: Saint Werburgh's Church, Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
- Find A Grave Memorial# 115517767
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=115517767
- A history of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, and its people; (1914)
- Tracing English family history back through the centuries, DOWNING the antiquarian finds a clear line of Downing descent from Geoffrey Downing, born March 7, 1524. He was a dignitary of county Essex, styled gentleman" and bore arms : "Gules a fesse naire, between two lions passant, quadrant ermine." Crest : "Out of a ducal coronet a swan or." The quartering and color show royal descent, which came through the marriages with Plantagenets, of both Geoffrey Downing and his grandson Calybut. Geoffrey married October 8, 1548, Elizabeth Winfield and died September 17, 1595, leaving male issue.
- Arthur Downing, son of Geoffrey Downing, was born at the family seat in county Essex, England, Pynest, Poles, Belchano, born August 1, 1550, died at Lexham, county Norfolk, England, September 19, 1606. He married June 10, 1573, Susan Calybut and had issue: Calybut, see forward; John, born 1581, died 1617: Dorothy, born 1584, died 1651 : Anna, born 1586, died 1658; Susan, born 1589, died 1642.
- Calybut Downing, eldest son of Arthur Downing, was born June 1, 1574, and had his estates in Sherrington, Gloucestershire, England, where he died in 1642. He married (first) January 8. 1594, Elizabeth (Winfield) Morrison, widow of Edward Morrison. He married (second) August 5, 1604, Anna Hogan ; children: Emanuel, see forward: Calybut (2), born 1596, died 1644; Elizabeth, born 1598, died 1660; Susan, 1601, died 1651.
- Emanuel Downing, son of Calybut Downing, was born at Sherrington, Gloucestershire, England, December 10, 1594, died in London. England, July 26, 1676. He resided in Sherrington, Dublin, Ireland, Salem, Massachusetts (coming to America in 1638), and London, England. He married (first) June 7, 1614, a Miss Ware of Dublin, ( second) April 10, 1622, Lucy Winthrop ; children by second marriage : George, born 1625. died 1654 ; Nicholas, born 1627, died 1698; Henry, see forward.
- Henry Downing, son of Emanuel Downing, was born March 10, 1630, died September 25, 1698. He held an officer's commission in the Kings Own Guards and had his family seat at East Hatley, Cambridgeshire, England. He married, June 2, 1665, Jane Clotworthy, and had issue : Adam, see forward ; John, born 1667, died 1736; George, born 1668, died 1729: Elizabeth, born 1669, died 1740: Daniel, born 1670, died 1733; Anne, born 1672, died 1674; Margaret, born 1675, died 1723; Anne, born 1678, died 1757.
- Genealogy of the Downing family and immediate collateral relations: (1901)
- IV GENERATION:
- Emanuel Downyng of Sherrington, County Gloucester; Dublin, Ireland; Salem, Mass.; and London, England; born December 10, 1594; married (first), June 7, 1614, Miss Ware of Dublin, Ireland, daughter of Sir James Ware. They had several children, but no records can be found. He married (second). April 10, 1622, Lucy Winthrop, daughter of Adam Winthrop, of Groton, County Suffolk, and sister of Governor John Winthrop of Massachusetts. Upon the invitation of Governor John Winthrop (his brother-in-law), he and his family came to New England in 1638. His children attended the public school at Salem, Mass., afterwards (George, Nicholas and Henry) at Harvard College, of which George Downing (1642) was the second graduate. In 1646, they returned to England. It is doubtful, however, whether the children by his first wife (Miss Ware) returned with him.
- He died July 26, 1676.
- Issue :
- 1. George Downing, born 1623 ; married 1654 ; died 1684.
- 2. Nicholas Downing, born 1627; died 1698; unmarried. He bequeathed his entire estate, in Drummond, County Derry, Ireland, to his nephews (the children of his brother, Henry), Adam, John, George and Daniel.
- 3. Henry Downing, born 1630; married 1665 ; died 1698 (see page 37).
- .... etc.
- Suffolk Manorial Families, Being the County Visitations and Other ..., Volume 1 edited by Joseph James Muskett
- Downing of Gamlingay.
- .... etc.
- 3. George Downing, Master of the Grammar School, Ipswich, 1607-10. Entered Wueen's Coll. Cambr. 1569; Will Arch. Suff. 14 Jan. 1610; proved 3 Oct. by his daughter Nahomie. = . . . ? da. of Bellamy; bur. at St. Lawrence, Ipswich, 1610. ; ch: Nathaniel (m. Margaret Selyne or Cellyn), Susanna (m. Francis Kirby), 2. Nahomi, Benjamin (bpt.1593), Anne (bpt.1595), Elnathan (bur.1609), 3. Abigail (m. John Goade), Emmanuel (m. Anne Ware & Lucy Winthrop), Joseph, Joshua (m. Grace Edisbury) Downing.
- Emmanuel Downing of the Inner Temple, Gent.; bap. at St. Lawrence, Ipswich, 12 Aug. 1585; one of the most active men n the Massachusetts Colony; of Salem, N.E. 1633-8-1645; previously of London and Dublin; later of London and Edinburgh, where he died circa 1660. = Anne, da. of Sir James Ware of Dublin, Kt, by Mary da. of Ambrose Brydon of Bury, St. Edmunds; sister of Sir Ja's Ware, the Irish Antiquary; 1st w. ; ch: James (went to New England), Mary (m. Anthony Stoddard), Susan (went to New England) Downing. ; = Lucy, da. of Adam Winthrop, Esq., sister of John Winthrop, Governor of Massachusetts; b. 9 Jan. 1600; mar. at Groton, Suffolk, 10 Apr. 1622; d. 19 April 1679, 2d w. ; ch: 1. Lucy (m. Wm. Norton), Dorcas (prob. d. young), Anne (m. Capt. Joseph Gardner & Simon Bradstreet, Gov.), 3. Martha (m. Capt. Peters), Sir George (m. Frances Howard) Joshua (bpt.1627), Robert (bpt.162?), Adam (d. young), John (bpt.1640) Downing.
- .... etc.
- U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
- Name: Anne Ware
- Gender: Female
- Birth Year: 1592
- Spouse Name: Emanuel Downing
- Birth Place: Su
- Spouse Birth Year: 1585
- Year: 1614
- Number Pages: 1
- Source Citation: Source number: 8630.000; Source type: Electronic Database; Number of Pages: Submitter Code: HDG.
- Comment: Susan Brown - 4/16/2011 1ST WIFE OF EMANUEL DOWNING -MOTHER OF SIR GEORGE DOWNING
Ann Ware: born 1592 in Dublin, Dublin, Ireland. She died 16-17 Oct 1621 in Dublin, Ireland. She married 7 Jun 1614, Emanuel Downing.
Source: Sir James Ware, Auditor-General of Ireland by Mark H. Welchley, August 2010
Source: Wilders and Connections (especially Ware) Families in the Southeastern States.
I. SIR JAMES WARE I (c 1568-1632) m MARY BRYDEN (1752-1632)
He was the son of CHRISTOPHER WARE from Yorkshire County, England. He was auditor general of Ireland and often resided in Dublin.
A. ANNA WARE (c 1592-1641) m EMANUAL DOWNING
B. JAMES WARE (1594-1666) m ELIZABETH NEWMAN Succeeded his father as Auditor General but was better known as an Irish historian
C JOHN (c-b.1596) m ELIZABETH PIERS
D. JOSEPH (cl598-1648) m KATHERINE CROFTON
G. ROBERT: about whom later
H. MARY (c-b.1604)
I. RUSSELL (c-b.1609) m HUMPHREY REYNOLDS
J. MARTHA (c-b.1612) m SIR WILLIAM PIERS
K. CECILIA (c-b.1614) m SIR DUDLEY LOFTUS
Anne Downing (Ware)'s Timeline
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
January 7, 1615
London, Middlesex, England
London, London, England
October 16, 1621
London, London, England
St Michael Corn, London, London, England
April 12, 1633
Lincolnshire Village, England
January 10, 1947
June 10, 1949