Anne Greene (Gould)
|Birthplace:||Boston, Suffolk, MA, USA|
|Death:||Died in Boston, Suffolk, MA, USA|
|Managed by:||Scott David Hibbard|
Matching family tree profiles for Anne Greene (Gould)
About Anne Greene (Gould)
- The Family of Zaccheus Gould of Topsfield (1895)
- XVII. THOMAS GOULD, of Boston.
- The data available for the history and family of the early settler of this name are peculiarly incomplete. My endeavors to compile a genealogy have resulted in the belief that there were two distinct families of the name in Boston, apart from that of the Rev. Thomas of Charlestown and of Thomas, eldest son of John of Stoneham ; but whether related or not, I cannot say.
- The following schedule, which is the result of an exceptional amount of study, and yet not capable of full demonstration, seems to be almost the only one not subject to fatal objection.
- Thomas Gould, aged 32, came 1639 in the Jonathan, with his wife Mary. His son Jacob, of whom nothing further is known, was born in Cambridge 1643 Sept. 16. It appears to have been this Thomas, who died in Boston 1662 Oct. 26.
- Thomas2 Gold of Boston, founder, in his will, 1706-7 March 1, proved 1707 July 28, mentions wife Frances, and children William and Ann (wife of Nathaniel Green). These children are also named by his widow Frances Goold in her will 1708-9 Feb. 8, proved 1711 July 16.
- Children :
- William3, founder ; m. 1699 Mercy Harris.
- Ann3, b. about 1685 ; m. 1703 Nathaniel Green.
- Thomas3, b. 1687 July 4; d. before his parents.
- William3 Gold, founder, son of Thomas and Frances ; m. 1699 Apr. 16 Mercy (b. ? 1681 ; d. 1747), dau. of Richard Harris.
- Children : .... etc.
- Ann3, b. about 1685 ; dau. of Thomas and Frances Gold ; m. 1703 Feb. 27 Nathaniel Green (b. 1679 Apr. 10 ; d. 1717 June 5), son of Thomas and Elizabeth [Barton] ; d. 1728.
- Children :
- Thomas, b. 1705.
- Rufus, b. 1707.
- Nathaniel, b. 1709.
- William, b. 1711.
- Benjamin, b. 1713.
- Thomas Goold, perhaps son of William and Mercy [Harris] ; .... etc.
- Thomas1 Gould, m. in Boston 1656 Sept. 10 Frances Robinson. It was probably he, who witnessed the mortgage 1669 Nov. 9 recorded with Suffolk Deeds, VI, 140, from John Winthrop of Hartford to Samuel Shrimpton of Boston, Executor.
- Children :
- Ann2, b. 1657-8 Feb. 5.
- Thomas2, b. 1659 Nov. 27 ; m. 1686? Experience Sumner; d. 1707-8.
- Bartholomew2 b. 1661 Oct. 27.
- Thomas2 Gold of Boston, a cooper, perhaps son of Thomas and Frances [Robinson] ; m. about 1686 Experience (b. 1664 Sept. 22), dau. of William Sumner ; d. 1707-8.
- Children: ... etc.
- Genealogical Guide to the Early Settlers of America: With a Brief History of ... By Henry Whittemore
- GOULD, or GOLD; --- Adam Gould, of Groton, by wife Rebecca, had Dorcas, born 1683, removed to Woburn, there by wife Hannah, had Thomas, born 1689; and his wife died soon.
- CHRISTOPHER GOULD, of Hampton, 1660.
- DANIEL GOULD, of Newport, a freeman there 1655, represent. 1672, married 1651, Wait Coggeshall, probably daughter of the first John, had Mary, born 1653; Thomas, 1655; Daniel 1656; John, 1659; Priscilla, 1661; Jeremy, 1664; James, 1666; Jeremy, again, 1669; Content, 1671; and Wait, 1676. The date of his death is not found.
- EDWARD GOULD, of Hingham, a pailmaker, came in the "Elizabeth" from London, 1635, aged 28, was of Hawkhurst, Co., Kent; living in Boston, in 1657.
- FRANCIS GOULD, of Chelmsford, had been of Braintree, by wife Rose had there Hannah, born 1655; and john 1657, who probably died young; and at C. had John, again, 1660.
- HENRY GOULD, of Ipswich, by wife Sarah, married 1675, had Sarah; Elizabeth, 1677; Jane, 1679; and Joanna, 1681.
- JAMES GOULD, of Haverhill, took oath of fidelity, 1677.
- JARVIS GOULD, of Hingham, cordwainer, came in the "Elizabeth," 1635, aged 30, servant to Clement Bates, removed to Boston, 1656, leaving John.
- JEREMIAH GOULD, of R. I., 1638, is in list of Newport freeman, 1655.
- JEREMY GOULD, of Weymouth, 1639.
- JOHN GOULD, a husbandman from Towcester, Northamptonsh., came in the "Defence," 1635, aged 25, with wife Grace, 25; but nothing is found of his settlement.
- JOHN GOULD, of Charlestown, had wife Mary in 1636, who died 1642; daughter Mary baptized 1637; Sarah, 1637, Elizabeth, 1640; Abigail, 1642; by another wife, Hannah, who died 1647, had Hannah, 1644; and John, 1647, died soon. By the same records he is favored with another John, 1648, probably by another wife, Joanna; both father and son living 1678. He may have been one of the early settlers at Reading.
- JOHN GOULD, of Newport, 1655, represent. 1672, but no more can be learned of him.
- JOHN GOULD, of Topsfield, only son of Zaccheus, born about 1637, in England, freeman, 1665, the greatest landholder in the neighborhood, married 1660, Sarah, perhaps daughter of John Baker, who died 1709, had John, born 1662, Sarah, 1664; Thomas, 1667; Samuel, 1670; Zaccheus, 1672; Priscilla, 1674; Joseph, 1677; Mary, 1681, and he died perhaps 1710.
- JOHN GOULD, of Taunton, married Mary, daughter of Robert Crossman, 1673, had mary, born 1674; Hannah, 1677.
- JOHN GOULD, of Stamford, married a daughter of George Slawson.
- NATHAN GOULD, of Fairfield, 1652, married Martha, widow of Edmund Harvey, an assistant, 1657, and every year but one following; was named for some rank in the Royal Charlter of 1662; in 1670 was the riches inhabitant. He wrote his surname without the u, but perhaps the universal pronunciation caused the change. he died 1694, in his will names only son Nathan, and daughters Sarah, Deborah, Abigail and Martha.
- NATHAN GOULD, of Salisbury, 1660, by wife Elizabeth, had Mary, born 1661; Elizabeth, 1664; and Samuel, 1668; was of Amesbury, 1690, freeman that year. In his will names wife Elizabeth, and children Joseph, Elizabeth, Hannah, and Samuel.
- ROBERT GOULD, of Hull, married, 1666, Judith, and had second wife Jane Smith, a widow, daughter of Thomas Harris, of Boston; was freeman 1680.
- THOMAS GOULD, of Boston, came in the "Jonathan," 1639, aged 32, may have been the freeman of 1641, but
- that is doubful; was perhaps first of Cambridge, by wife Mary had Jacob, born 1643, died 1662.
- THOMAS GOULD, of Newport, 1655, married Elizabeth, daughter of William Balstone, may have been many years of Wickford, 1674.
- THOMAS GOULD, of Charlestown, with wife Hannah, joined to the church, 1640; had Hannah, baptized 1641; became a Bapt., was long imprisoned for his falling off, but ultimately discharg. with reput. He had second wife Mary, before all his troubles were over. He died perhaps 1674, at Boston, and in his will names wife Mary, son Samuel, daughters Mary Skinner, Mehitable Goodwin, Mary Bunker, and her two children, Abigal Shapely, son, Nathaniel Haywood, and daughter Hannah Gold.
- THOMAS GOULD, of Boston, married, 1656, Frances Robinson, had probably other children, besides Ann, born about 1685, who married Nathaniel Green.
- ZACCHEUS GOULD, of Lynn, 1640, had son Daniel, it is said, born about 1650, who went, probably, with other of his neighbors to Reading.
- ZACCHEUS GOULD, of Wyemouth, 1639
- ZACCHUES GOULD, of Ipswich, 1644 (in that part which was soon incorp. as Topsfield), came from Hants Green, near Potter's Row, in Co. Bucks; left good estate to only son, John, and four daughters, perhaps both at Rawley and Topsfield. His daughters were Phebe, Martha, Mary, and Priscilla.
- Arms: Or, on a chevron, between three roses, azure, three pineapples, [sometimes thistles], slipped of the first.
- Crest: An eagle's head, erased, azure. In the beak a pineapple, or.
- MASSACHUSETTS.--- Chandler's Hist. of Shirley, 428; Daniel's Hist. of Oxford, 523; Temple's Hist. of N. Brookfield, 605; Marse's Sherborn, 93; Ballou's Hist. of Milford, 773-5; Cleveland's Topfield Anniv., 52.
- NEW HAMPSHIRE--- Kider's New Ipswich, 379-83; Norton's Hist. of Fitzwilliam, 585; Cochrane's Hist. of Antrim, 512; Haywood's Hist. of Hancok, 613; Stearn's Hist. of Rindge, 536-8
- OTHER PUBLICATIONS:--- Gould Gen., (1841), 2 pp.; (1872), 109 pp.; (1895), 353 pp.; Savage's Gen. Dict., II, 284-7; Am. Ancestry, I, 32; III, 197; IV, 178; VI, 158; Binney Gen., 24, 88-93; Dwight Gen., 976-80; Walworth's Hyde Gen., 813-6.
Anne Greene (Gould)'s Timeline
Boston, Suffolk, MA, USA
February 27, 1704
May 30, 1707
Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
January 11, 1712
Boston, Suffolk, MA, USA
Boston, Suffolk, MA, USA