Anne Josselyn (Lavenham)
|Birthplace:||Of Sheering, Essex, England|
|Death:||Died in Sheering,,Essex,England|
|Managed by:||James Clinton Coburn|
Matching family tree profiles for Anne Jocelyn (Lavenham)
About Anne Josselyn (Lavenham)
- 'The New England historical and genealogical register, Volume 71 By Henry Fitz-Gilbert Waters, New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Pg. 239
- 14. JEFFREY14 JOCELYN, of Hide Hall in Sawbridgewoth, co. Herts, died in 1425. Perhaps he married first KATHERINE ___, daughter of Thomas, Lord Bray; and he married, perhaps secondly, JOAN ___, who is said to have been daughter of Thomas Berrie. On 17 Oct. 1394 he is recorded as about to go into Ireland in the King's service, with Thomas de Percy, stewared of the King's housebhold. By his will of 1424, which in now missing, he left Hide Hall to his son and heir Thomas, subject to the dower of his wife Joan.
- Children by first wife:
- Pg. 240
- 16. JEFFREY15 JOSSELYN (Jeffrey14) died 2 Jan. 1470/1. He married first KATHERINE ___ ; and secondly JOAN ___ . A memorial brass in the church at Sawbridgeworth, co. Herts, where they are buried, is inscribed: "Hic iacent Galfredus Ioslyn & Katherine, ac Joanna vxor eius, qui obiit ii January M cccc lxx."
- Child by first wife:
- ' 18. i. JOHN.16
- ' 18. JOHN16 JOSSELYN (Jeffrey,15 Jeffrey14), of Sheering, co Essex, died before Aug. 1524. He married ANNE ___ .
- 20. i. RALPH, 17 b. abt. 1475.
- ii. PHILIP, b. abt. 1477; on a subsidy list at Braintree, co. Essex, in 15245; m. AGNES DAVIES, dau. of Robert. Child: 1 Philip,18 of Little Leighs co. Essex, d. abt. 1552; m. Anne Brooke, who survived him, dau. of John; his dau. Susan m. Thomas Wilson of Jenkins in Stisted, co. Essex.
- iii. JEFFREY, b. abt. 1479; living in 1525; on a subsidy list at Sheering, co. Essex, in 1513-14. Child: 1. Thomas,18 d. 6 July 1552; m. Elizabeth Hadleigh, who d. 17 Apr. 1587, dau. of Nicholas; his s. Thomas d. 17 Sept. 1611, .....
- iv. AGNES or ANNE, b. abt 1481; m. THOMAS POOLE.
- 'Anne Lavenham
- 'F, b. circa 1450
- Father John Lavenham b. c 1425
- Mother Mary de Gatesbury b. c 1426
- ' Anne Lavenham was born circa 1450 at of Sheering, Essex, England. She married John Josselyn, son of Geoffrey Josselyn and Katherine le Braye, circa 1473.
- 'Family John Josselyn b. c 1429, d. Aug 1524
- ◦Ralph Josselyn+ b. 1475, d. 30 May 1525
Anne Jocelyn (Lavenham)'s Timeline
Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom
Of Sheering, Essex, England
High-Roding, Essex, England