About Anne Pinckard (Gaskins)
Richard Henry Lee married second in June or July of 1769 to Anne (Gaskins) Pinckard. The couple had five surviving children:
- Anne Lee (1770–1804), who married Hon. Charles Lee (1758–1815), U.S. Attorney General under John Adams. Charles was the son of Maj. Gen. Henry Lee II (1730–1787) and Lucy Grymes (1734–1792).
- Henrietta "Harriotte" Lee (1773–1803), who married Hon. George Richard Lee Turberville (c. 1770), son of Hon. George Richard Turberville, Jr. (1742–1792) and Martha Corbin (1742).
- Sarah Caldwell "Sally" Lee (1775–1837), who married Edmund Jennings Lee I (1772–1843), son of Maj. Gen. Henry Lee II (1730–1787) and Lucy Grymes (1734–1792).
- Cassius Lee (1779–1850).
- Francis Lightfoot Lee II (1782–1850), who married Jane Fitzgerald (d. 1816), daughter of Col. John Fitzgerald and Jane Digges. (grandparents of Francis Preston Blair Lee)
- ? Lee (1784), who died in infancy.
- ? Lee (1786), who died in infancy.
Her maiden name was Gaskins and she was the widow of Pinckard. --------------------
- Stella Pickett Hardy, "Colonial Families of the Southern States of America: A History and Genealogy of Colonial Families Who Settled in the Colonies prior to the Revolution," Baltimore, MD: Southern Book Co., 1958.
- Wikipedia article on Richard Henry Lee
- Stratford Hall and the Lees Connected with Its History: Biographical ... Page 100