view all 38
About Anne Potter (Durfee)
- 'The descendants of Thomas Durfee of Portsmouth, R.I (May 1902)
- 1. THOMAS DURFEE, parents unknown. Born in England in 1643 ; died in Portsmouth, R. I., in July, 1712 ; married in Portsmouth, R. I, about 1664, to ___ , of Portsmouth, R. I. Their children were (born in Portsmouth, R. I.)
- 2.— 1st. Robert, born March 10, 1665.
- 3.— 2d. Richard.
- 4.— 3d. Thomas.
- 5.— 4th. William, born about 1673.
- ' 6. — 5th. Ann.
- 7. — 6th. Benjamin, born in 1679.
- Mr. Durfee married a second time in Portsmouth, R. I., to Deliverance (Hall) Tripp (widow of Abiel Tripp), daughter of William and Mary ( ___ ) Hall. Born in Portsmouth, R. I., where she died in February, 1721. Their children were —
- 8. — 1st. Patience.
- 9. — 2d. Deliverance.
- COPY OF WILL OF THOMAS DURFEE.
- "1710, February 4th. Will proved 1712, July 14. Exx. wife Deliverance.
- "To wife, housing and land in Portsmouth for life, and then to daughters, Patience Tallman, and Deliverance Durfee equally. ......
- 8. Durfee, Patience (Thomas 1st). Daughter of Thomas and (2d wife) Deliverance (Hall) (Tripp) Durfee, of Portsmouth, R. I.; born in Portsmouth, R. I. ; died in Portsmouth, R. I., in 1723 ; married in Portsmouth, R. I., September 23, 1708, to Benjamin Tallman, of Portsmouth, R. I,, son of Peter and Joan (Briggs) Tallman. Born in Portsmouth, R. I., January 28, 1684. Died in Warwick, R. I., May 20, 1759. Their children were :