view all 13
About Anne Seymour
- 'Lady Anne Seymour1
- 'F, #10676, d. 27 November 1722
- Last Edited=19 Jun 2008
- Consanguinity Index=0.15%
- ' Lady Anne Seymour was the daughter of Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset and Lady Elizabeth Percy.1 She married Peregrine Hyde Osborne, 3rd Duke of Leeds, son of Peregrine Osborne, 2nd Duke of Leeds and Bridget Hyde, on 17 September 1719.1 She died on 27 November 1722.
- ' Her married name became Osborne.
- 1.[S21] L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage 1884-1971: Containing Extinct, Abeyant, Dormant and Suspended Peerages With Genealogies and Arms (London, U.K.: Heraldry Today, 1972), page 174. Hereinafter cited as The New Extinct Peerage.
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p1068.htm#i10676
- Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset (13 August 1662 – 2 December 1748), sometimes referred to as the "Proud Duke". The son of Charles Seymour, 2nd Baron Seymour of Trowbridge, and Elizabeth Alington (1635–1692), he succeeded his brother Francis Seymour, 5th Duke of Somerset, to the dukedom when the latter was shot in 1678. He also inherited the title of Baron Seymour of Trowbridge.
- Charles was educated at Trinity College, Cambridge. In 1682 he married a great heiress, Elizabeth Percy, daughter of Joceline Percy, 11th Earl of Northumberland, who brought him immense estates, including Alnwick Castle, Petworth House, Syon House and Northumberland House in London. ....
- Charles and Lady Elizabeth Percy had four children:
- Algernon Seymour, 7th Duke of Somerset (11 November 1684 – 7 February 1749)
- Lady Elizabeth Seymour (1685 – 2 April 1734)
- Lady Catherine Seymour (1693 – 9 April 1731)
- 'Lady Anne Seymour (1709 – 27 November 1722)
- On 4 February 1725 he married the 14 year old Lady Charlotte Finch (1711–1773), daughter of Daniel Finch, 7th Earl of Winchilsea. They had two children:
- Lady Frances Seymour (18 July 1728 – 25 January 1761), married John Manners, Marquess of Granby
- Lady Charlotte Seymour (21 September 1730 – 15 February 1805), married Heneage Finch, 3rd Earl of Aylesford and had issue. ....
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Seymour,_6th_Duke_of_Somerset