Archibald Napier, Lord Napier of Merchiston
|Death:||Died in Perthshire, Scotland|
|Place of Burial:||Perthshire, Scotland|
Son of Sir John Napier and Elizabeth Sterling, Lady of Merchistoun
|Managed by:||Oliver Marcus Stedall|
Matching family tree profiles for Archibald Napier, Lord Napier of Merchiston
About Archibald Napier, Lord Napier of Merchiston
Wikipedia Biographical Summary
"Archibald Napier, 1st Lord Napier, the 9th Laird Napier of Merchiston (c. 1576–1645), was a Scottish politician and judge. In 1627 he was created Lord Napier of Merchiston and Baronet of Nova Scotia...
...Archibald Napier was the son of John Napier and Elizabeth Stirling. In 1619, he married Margaret Graham, who was a daughter of John Graham, 4th Earl of Montrose and Lady Margaret Ruthven, and sister of James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose. They had four children:
- John Napier, who died young.
- Archibald Napier, who succeeded his father as Lord Napier.
- Margaret Napier, who married Sir George Stirling of Keir.
- Lilias Napier, who died unmarried."
SOURCE: Wikipedia contributors, 'Archibald Napier, 1st Lord Napier', Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 18 November 2012, 00:55 UTC, <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Archibald_Napier,_1st_Lord_Napier&oldid=523588775> [accessed 27 November 2012]
- The Scots peerage, Vol. VI, page 422-424
- [http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Napier,_Archibald_(1576-1645)_(DNB00) Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900], Vol. 40
- Complete baronetage; Cokayne, George E. (George Edward); 1900; Vol. II; page 318