Arianna Randolph (Jennings)
|Also Known As:||"Ariana Jenings"|
|Death:||Died in London, England|
Daughter of Edmund Jennings, III and Ariana Vanderheyden
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Arianna Randolph
About Arianna Randolph
Arianna Jennings Randolph was born 1729/1730 in Annapolis, Maryland and died February 1801 in London, England; she is buried there. She is also known as Ariana Jenings.
Parents: second child of Hon. Edmund Jennings and Ariana Vanderleyden Frisby Bordley Jennings
- ca 1752 to John "The Tory" Randolph (1727-1784), Attorney-General of Virginia
- Susanna Beverly Randolph b. 1755 in VA married John Randolph Grymes.
- Ariana Vanderheyden Randolph b. 1760 in VA married James Wormeley.
- Edmund Jennings Randolph was born on 10 Aug 1753 at Tazewell Hall, Williamsburg. He married Elizabeth (Betsy) Nicholas, daughter of Robert (Treasurer) Carter Nicholas and Anne Cary, on 29 Aug 1776.
- Sarah Randolph was born about 1757 in Tazewell Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Arianna Randolph was born about 1755 in Tazewell Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia. She died in 1794.
- Born 1730 in Annapolis, Maryland
- Parents: Edmund and Ariana Bordley Jenings
- Siblings: Peter and Edmund
- Educated at home like most genteel colonial young ladies
- Married John "the Tory" Randolph
- Children: Edmund, Susannah Beverly, and Ariana
- Urban housewife in Williamsburg until September 1775
- Resided in London November 1775 until February 1801
- Died February 1801 in London, England
- Following the death of her husband, John, in 1784, Ariana remained in London. Even though John's body was later brought back to Virginia for burial, Ariana never returned to North America. She is buried in England.
Ariana Jennings, dau. of the Hon. Edmund and Ariana Vanderleyden Frisby Bordley Jennings, m. John Randolph, Attorney-General of Virginia, under the Royal Government. They resided at Williamsburgh, Va., until the Revolution, and then accompanied the Royal Governor, the Earl of Dunmore, to England. They had child., viz., Edmund,—Susan Beverly, and Ariana Jennings Randolph.
Hon. Edmund Randolph, son of John and Ariana Jennings Randolph, was, at the time of the departure of his parents, about 19 years of age, and, being sincerely devoted to the cause of independence, remained in America. He m. Eliza Nicholas, dau. of Robert Carter Nicholas, formerly Treasurer of Virginia, and had child.,
- Hanson, George A. Old Kent: The Eastern Shore of Maryland ; Notes Illustrative of the Most Ancient Records of Kent County, Maryland, and of the Parishes of St. Paul's, Shrewsbury and I.u. and Genealogical Histories of Old and Distinguished Families of Maryland, and Their Connections by Marriage, &c. Baltimore: John P. Des Forges, 1876. p. 82
Arianna Randolph's Timeline
August 10, 1753
Williamsburg, James, Virginia
Williamsburg, "Tazewell Hall", Virginia
Charles City, VA, USA