|Birthplace:||Croydon, Greater London, UK|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Minia (No. 319)|
About Arthur Albert Howell
- Name: Mr Arthur Albert Howell
- Born: Sunday 20th June 1880 in Croydon London England
- Age: 31 years 9 months and 26 days.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at 12 Cliff Road Itchen Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Minia (No. 319)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Friday 10th May 1912.
© Bill Fowler, Canada.
Mr Arthur Albert Howell, 31, was born in Croydon, Kent on 20 June 1880.
He initially signed-on to the Titanic in Belfast on 1 April 1912. He signed-on again in Southampton on 4 April 1912, when he did so he gave his address as 12 Cliff Rd. Itchen, (Hampshire). He had transferred from the Olympic. As a saloon steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Howell died in the sinking. His body was recovered (#319) by the Montmagny and was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia on 10 May 1912.
He has a Memorial brick in his name in the Woolston, Southampton, Millennium Garden known as the Feathers in Victoria Road Woolston - which opened in April 2002.
References and Sources Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew, S.S. Titanic (#320) Crew Particulars of Engagement, Public Record Office (BT100/259)
Peter Engberg, Sweden Brian Ticehurst, UK
Related Articles and Documents
RELIEF FUND EXTRACTS - ARTHUR ALBERT HOWELLS
Arthur Albert Howell's Timeline
June 20, 1880
Croydon, Greater London, UK
April 15, 1912
TITANIC at sea
May 10, 1912
Halifax, Halifax County, NS, Canada