About Assad Alexander Thomas/Tannous
Master Assad Alexander Thomas/Tannous
- Born: Wednesday 8th November 1911
- Age: 5 months and 7 days.
- Last Residence: in Hardin Lebanon
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 2625 , £8 10s 4d
- Destination: Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania United States
- Rescued (boat 16)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Friday 12th June 1931
Assad (Assed or Essed) Alexander Thomas, 5m, was born 8 November 1911 in the Lebanon. He boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg as a third class passenger (ticket number 2625, £8 10s 4d). He was accompanied by his mother Thamine and uncle Charles.
Assad and his mother became separated during the sinking and Charles carried the baby to lifeboat 16. He begged for the child to be rescued and Winnie Troutt took it upon herself to take the child into the lifeboat.
Assad died on 12 June 1931. References Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55) Judith Geller (1998) Titanic: Women and Children First. Haynes. ISBN 1 85260 594 4
Contributors Michael A. Findlay, USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket) Mrs Thamine "Thelma" Thomas