About Barbara Joyce West
Miss Barbara Joyce West
- Born: Wednesday 24th May 1911
- Age: 10 months and 22 days.
- Last Residence: in Bournemouth Dorset England
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 34651 , £27 15s
- Destination: Gainesville United States
- Rescued (boat 10)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Tuesday 16th October 2007
Miss Barbara Joyce West was born in Bournemouth, Dorset on 24 May 1911, one of three  children born to Edwy Arthur West and Ada Mary West.
Barbara boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a second class passenger together with her father, mother and sister, Constance Miriam West. She survived the sinking possibly aboard lifeboat 10, along with her mother and sister. The surviving members of the family returned to England on the Celtic.
Barbara married William Ernest B. Dainton in 1952 and lived in Truro, England.
Mrs Dainton refused to discuss the disaster, saying she wanted "nothing to do with the Titanic people", however did keep in contact with the British Titanic Society.
Mrs Dainton died on 16th October 2007 and her funeral service took place at Truro Cathedral on 5th November 2007.
(on same ticket)
Mr Edwy Arthur West Mrs Ada Mary West Miss Constance Mirium West
1. The third child was a daughter. It was long speculated she married a bank clerk in later life and settled in the Bahamas where her husband pursued a promising and successful career in the Prime Minister's Office. The identity of this third daughter is unclear, but it is known she died at a young age of cancer.
Barbara Joyce West's Timeline
May 24, 1911
Bournemouth, Bournemouth, UK
October 16, 2007
Truro, Cornwall, UK