|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
About Barbara Stewart
is the daughter of Adam Stewart, Prior of Charterhouse, and Janet Ruthven. Her baptism was registered at Perth on18 January 1561.
Barbara Stewart married Henry Halcro of that Ilk
(1) Hew Halcro of that Ilk
(2) James Halcro
(3) Malcolm Halcro
(4) Robert Halcro
(5) Barbara Halcro
(6) Margaret Halcro
Sir Robert Stewart, 1st Earl of Orkney, Lord of Shetland was born circa 1533; Age 5 in 1538.3,4 He married Jean Kennedy, daughter of Gilbert Kennedy, 3rd Earl Cassillis and Margaret Kennedy, circa 14 December 1561.
- 9. Stated to have been married to Hugh or Harry Halcro of Halcro in Orkney. But there may be confusion with Lady Barbara Stewart of Burray. (see TSP v Ochiltree)
Barbara Stewart was the daughter of Adam Stewart,illegitimate son of King James V[Tombstone in St Magnus Cathedral]
Barbara married Henry Halcro in 1580.(There are several refs to Henry Halcro of that ilk eg 1584,1597,1599 and 1600.His son Hew was called fiar of that ilk in 1604 and 1605 but in 1608 he was called Hew Halcro of that ilk ie Henry was dead by then)
Their son Hew died in 1644
Latter's son Hew younger dvp in 1637
and Hew younger's son Hew died in Feb 1666 dsp.
- 3. Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 600.
- 4. Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 679.
- The Scots peerage : founded on Wood's ed. of Sir Robert Douglas's Peerage of Scotland; containing an historical and genealogical account of the nobility of that kingdom. by Paul, James Balfour, Sir, 1846-1931. Published 1904. Volume 6. "The Earls of Orkney" page 572 - 573, page 574 - 575
- A collection of armorials of the County of Orkney: being drawings of armorial bearings from tombstones, wood carvings, seals &c., with extracts from the Lyon Registers, and genealogical notes compiled from public records and other sources. Henry L. Norton Smith. The author, 1902 - Heraldry - 182 pages. page 61
- [S02729] Ancestors of Sven-Göran (Svennis) Eriksson, 2008, Sjöberg, Johan. nr.15353
- [S02937] Robert Stewart, Earl of Orkney, Lord of Shetland 1533-1593 1982, Anderson, Peter D.
- [S03011] Life of Mary, queen of Scots , Bell, Henry Glassford.